NFA trust?

Wanting to get a NFA trust and start getting suppressors.

Looking for recommendations on places to get a trust. I know silencer shop and silencer central offer them for purchase. Wondering if there are better options

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

TxLite

WKR
I’ve heard good things about National Gun Trusts.

I have one of the silencershop full size trusts. It’s been fine but it’s annoying that you have to get it notarized every time there’s a change to the parties listed. Minor grievance.

This one's good, highly recommended by lots of Texans and the one I ended up with. Add and remove people on the fly, estate planning in case you die, all sorts of good things. Jim will call you and discuss and explain before getting into it, he's not just trying to sell a cookie cutter trust. https://texasguntrust.com/

I just had Arsenal Attorneys do a restatement of my original NFA trust. I like their system and they turned it around quickly. The lawyer that did my original NFA trust like 15 years ago ended up disbarred for running afoul of the SEC.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I used Gun Trust Guru. It looks good to me. I like being able to add or remove trustees easily. I like being able to add non-NFA items if desired.

A smart person would get a lawyer to do it, I'm neither smart nor rich.

OP, hope you don't mind the question to your thread.

Does a seperate trust for a suppressor conflict with an individual's estate trust in any way? I'm guessing they can be combined somehow, just wondering if it's better to work with an estate attorney and add the suppressor in to that trust or do the suppressor separately. Considering setting up an estate trust and haven't found anyone that had experiential advice or comment.

How does that work if you have sat a silencer central trust.
Do you have to go thru them to add supressors every time.
Is it a actual paper trust you keep if something they keep on file.

jahaze

FNG
I went with Gun Trust Guru, don't remember how I found them, but the process was easy and went through the ATF process without a hitch. They do require a notary when you add additional suppressors, but I work with a bunch, so that part is easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mj23polaris
So with a trust and say buying a suppressor online do you just check out underlwith the trust?

Also with a trust anyone on the trust can buy a suppressor under that trust and then anyone can use it/possess it? Like say I have my wife and I on the trust. I can buy a suppressor then she can buy one and we are both covered under the trust in the purchasing process?

So with a trust and say buying a suppressor online do you just check out underlwith the trust?

Also with a trust anyone on the trust can buy a suppressor under that trust and then anyone can use it/possess it? Like say I have my wife and I on the trust. I can buy a suppressor then she can buy one and we are both covered under the trust in the purchasing process?

In the current set of rules, whenever the trust buys an NFA item, each person in the trust has to submit fingerprints and a photo, and once approved, anyone in the trust can possess the items. This is one of the main reasons I really like using Silencer Shop. They have my trust on file, we did fingerprints at a kiosk once, update our photos through the app, and e-sign all new documents when we add a can. My restated trust allows us to add or remove trustees easily.

OP
mj23polaris
In the current set of rules, whenever the trust buys an NFA item, each person in the trust has to submit fingerprints and a photo, and once approved, anyone in the trust can possess the items. This is one of the main reasons I really like using Silencer Shop. They have my trust on file, we did fingerprints at a kiosk once, update our photos through the app, and e-sign all new documents when we add a can. My restated trust allows us to add or remove trustees easily.
That's good points we have a few kiosk nearby the streamlined process is a big selling point for silencer shop

What is the benefits of a trust over buying as an individual if you don't have anyone else you want to be able to posess and use the suppressors?

I had a trust drafted by a local attorney that does these things for my first can. The relative that i have in that trust isn't really in the picture right now so my last couple cans have been filed as an individual.

What is the benefits of a trust over buying as an individual if you don't have anyone else you want to be able to posess and use the suppressors?

I had a trust drafted by a local attorney that does these things for my first can. The relative that i have in that trust isn't really in the picture right now so my last couple cans have been filed as an individual.
Mainly to allow other people to possess your NFA items, and provide a free, easy, legal way for your NFA stuff to be passed to your heirs upon your death. I’m helping my buddy get a can for his rifle, if it’s not approved in time for his next hunt, I plan to add him to my trust so he can use one of mine.

Last edited:
OP, hope you don't mind the question to your thread.

Does a seperate trust for a suppressor conflict with an individual's estate trust in any way? I'm guessing they can be combined somehow, just wondering if it's better to work with an estate attorney and add the suppressor in to that trust or do the suppressor separately. Considering setting up an estate trust and haven't found anyone that had experiential advice or comment.
Jim Willi (the link I posted above https://texasguntrust.com/) is an estate planning attorney by trade, I bet he'd have some good advice if you call him up.

Jim Willi wrote the Gun Trust Guru people's trust for them, the one they sell you. If you get it directly from him he'll customize all sorts of things.

logem

FNG
I used National Gun Trusts for my SBRs. I was pleased with their service. I don't have experience with any other trust companies.

Jim Willi (the link I posted above https://texasguntrust.com/) is an estate planning attorney by trade, I bet he'd have some good advice if you call him up.

Jim Willi wrote the Gun Trust Guru people's trust for them, the one they sell you. If you get it directly from him he'll customize all sorts of things.

Jim Willi is VERY good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SloppyJ

WKR
I used silencer shop Single Shot NFA gun trusts on my first 4 cans. I bought two suppressors together twice now for a total of 4 single shot trusts. I should have bought the life time deal.

I had no problems and it was smooth as butter. That's how I plan to handle all of the rest of mine in the future as well. Buy the lifetime deal from SS and don't look back. Because I promise you'll buy more than one can. I had 4 purchased before I even had any in hand.