Next Gen rangefinder

aballoga

FNG
This is a sneak preview of the next generation of hunting rangefinders as well as an unusual opportunity to view a piece of technology pre-market. In exchange, we ask only for some thoughts and discussion from those who matter most.

The demo video for Visual Orientation System (VOS) is presented on the 2nd page of a 3 minute questionnaire. We are happy to address any questions left along with an address in the final comments section – no personal information required (State or non-US country only).

Link to video: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N6KL2NL

Very cool technology, but as this type of hunting technology and game cameras with the ability to send photos to your phone the need for skill goes down as the success rates go up. To me lower skill levels combined with higher success rates equals less hunter opportunity, ie more species on draw or season closures. IMHO.

TJ

WKR
Too high tech.

Also it needs to have a wind direction visual with thermal heat detection.

colonel00

WKR
The lack of infrared, ultraviolet or any of the other cool Predator vision capabilities kills the deal.

Nifty idea but without premium glass and more intuitive gps usage, it will not replace binoculars, gps and a rangefinder all together. With that, if you aren't replacing them then why would I buy a new, heavier rangefinder alone? Plus, I would bet that the price will drive this thing right out of the market for all but those with money to burn.

OP
A

aballoga

FNG
The survey is now closed.

Many thanks to all who participated - your enthusiasm and support are greatly appreciated.

Good hunting,
AB