Newfoundland moose

Anyone have an idea how big of a cooler or how many coolers it might take to get a Newfoundland moose home? Deboned and vac sealed. Really don’t want to drag a trailer with a deep freeze there and back. Thanks

adamkolesar

Lil-Rokslider
I did it with three hundred quart coolers. Two for meat, one for the cape. Nothing fancy, just good 'ol Coleman coolers. Had to drain and top off ice a couple of times during the drive from NL to NYS.
The guys on the ferry even placed my truck away from the engine room so the coolers would remain "cool".

Boston1

FNG
Last fall I fit a medium bull into two (2) 150 QT Coleman Marine coolers (about 200 lbs yield). I recommend extra coolers just in case you have a bigger bull or want to bring home the cape. I added an indoor/outdoor thermometer sensor in a ziplock to monitor temps during the drive. I also duct taped the seams shut. I had it processed in NL and stayed an extra day just to let the meat freeze solid. I didn't add any ice-- just frozen meat- and it was 4 days before internal cooler temps got up to 32F.