I’m new when it comes to trad. What’s a great setup for a beginner like myself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t have any experience with the samick sage but I have heard it’s a great bow for the money. I have a couple of the black hunter recurves that I really like. 3 of them to be exact at all different weights. Great shooting bow for the money.

Mtn_Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
I paid a little extra and went with a Bear Grizzly hoping to push the desire to upgrade off a little longer than with a Samick. Mission failed Lol take that however you want

Try to shoot as many different bows as you can and see what you like. Several of the ones mentioned above are good choices. Whatever you get, start low in draw weight and learn good form. Too much draw weight is counterproductive.
Welcome to the addiction.

MCR

FNG
Samick Sage or Black Hunter. The Samick being 62" will be slightly more forgiving.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I got one called an edge hyper for my wife, turns out 40lbs is too much for her. I’ll give somebody a good deal on it if they are looking.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
Guys this Black hunter stuff is Chinese. It’s often through a fulfillment company like Amazon who doesn’t need to pay Pittman Robertson funds. It’s important we pay that and preferable that we try to buy American whenever possible.
Some companies are import companies and do pay the fees.
Lots of options on the used market. You’ll eventually upgrade anyhow. Used items already depreciated, if you don’t damage them you’ll get at least that much back. You’ll also have an option to trade.

bisblue

WKR
I don’t have any experience with the samick sage but I have heard it’s a great bow for the money. I have a couple of the black hunter recurves that I really like. 3 of them to be exact at all different weights. Great shooting bow for the money.
I got one of these via twig archery, he double checks them and their draw weight etc. Upgrade the string and it's good
Also got my mom a samick sage from RMS archery, amazing company

Recurve, the Samick sage. If your looking into a Hybrid longbow, the galaxy blackridge hybrid is a solid shooter for $189 on Lancaster.