Hey guys, new to this site and just trying to put myself out here, From Ohio and like a lot of guys I'm making my way to Colorado for my first archery elk hunt. I am super stoked, and have already made a scouting trip in early July. Really learned a lot but am always looking to learn more. Any advice for a first timer? I feel that I have done a bunch or research, but never hurts to ask! Thanks!

RobertsA

FNG
I am going on my first elk hunt in Colorado this fall also and I’m actually on the way home from my scouting trip.

This forum is full of knowledgeable guys who are more than willing to lend advice! It has helped me a lot. Only thing I would say is I learned quick not to ask for any specific spots. Most guys don’t take too kindly to handing out information on their honey holes.

OP
J
I am going on my first elk hunt in Colorado this fall also and I’m actually on the way home from my scouting trip.

This forum is full of knowledgeable guys who are more than willing to lend advice! It has helped me a lot. Only thing I would say is I learned quick not to ask for any specific spots. Most guys don’t take too kindly to handing out information on their honey holes.
Yea I have learned by watching not to be "that guy" lol!

Thanks!