Newbie in north Idaho/Wa

Ptusmc13

FNG
Hello, newbie here. Grew up in idaho and move to Washington not too long ago. Learning to hunt and reload. Would love to have a mentor if anyone is interested. I am in pretty good shape and don’t smoke. I drink socially but not excessively.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new WA via ID member.

Eddie

Welcome to Rokslide! Pull up a spot next to the campfire and enjoy. Lots of great folks on here. Glad to hear you are a hunter as well. FYI , don't get offended or think its you, if folks are not clamoring to be your new hunting buddy. Generally a "Hunting Partner" is a special relationship built on enduring trust, respect and familiarity. Those relationships are like Rome.......not built in a day. Be patient it will happen.

PS - I noticed your user name, do you have a prior affiliation with the Marines?

OP
P

Ptusmc13

FNG
Hello, newbie here. Grew up in idaho and move to Washington not too long ago. Learning to hunt and reload. Would love to have a mentor if anyone is interested. I am in pretty good shape and don’t smoke. I drink socially but not excessively.
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new WA via ID member.

Eddie
Welcome to Rokslide! Pull up a spot next to the campfire and enjoy. Lots of great folks on here. Glad to hear you are a hunter as well. FYI , don't get offended or think its you, if folks are not clamoring to be your new hunting buddy. Generally a "Hunting Partner" is a special relationship built on enduring trust, respect and familiarity. Those relationships are like Rome.......not built in a day. Be patient it will happen.

PS - I noticed your user name, do you have a prior affiliation with the Marines?

Hi all thanks for the warm welcome! I appreciate it!
I’m tracking what you are saying about the hunting partner dynamic and I appreciate the insight and advice. I am in no rush to connect with someone, if it happens it happens and I’m cool with that.

Yeah I was in the Marine corps for about 5 years in the aviation side. Loved every minute of it, didn’t want to leave but life had other plans for me and I can’t complain.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Clearly I am dropping the welcome ball to a fellow Marine. Semper Fi Marine.

I, too, was in an helicopter air wing, but left many, many decades ago.

Eddie

PTUSMC13, Thanks for your service. Love the Marines, I spent 30 yrs in the Navy part of the Navy/Marine Corps Team. Mostly shipboard cruiser-destroyers in the engineering dept is my background.

What are you going be reloading for? Hunting rifles/calibers or more of long distance target type match shooting?

OP
P

Ptusmc13

FNG
PTUSMC13, Thanks for your service. Love the Marines, I spent 30 yrs in the Navy part of the Navy/Marine Corps Team. Mostly shipboard cruiser-destroyers in the engineering dept is my background.

What are you going be reloading for? Hunting rifles/calibers or more of long distance target type match shooting?
Thank you for your service as well!
Mainly hunting, but I do have in interest in getting into long distance target shooting.