New Zpacks Tent

Pretty impressive at 14.9oz. Looks like it would make a sweet 1 person tent while weighing less than most current 1 man tent offerings.

BBob

WKR
That's definitely getting down there. With 6 stakes you are ~18oz. That's only 3-4oz heavier than my pretty light fly bivy setup.

BBob

WKR
Floor is DCF. I have a few items with DCF floors and I haven't had issues or find them any worse than all the nylon I've owned over the years. A plus I think for DCF is how easy it is to fix a hole or tear. The repair tape that everyone seems to ship with the tents/tarps sticks really well.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
Very impressive. To me it's essentially a DCF version of the SO Sunlight, but under half the weight and only $200 more. For someone with the cash it looks like an excellent option.

Anyone familiar with the durability of the floor material?
Not specific to this tent but my DCF tent floors and ground clothes seem to get pin holes but not horrendous tears. IMO you trade off some durability (and higher cost) for the lighter weight Vs sil Or nylon. The way may DCF gear has held up with my use level - maybe 5-20 nights a year depending on the piece - i will take that trade when I am trying to keep things light.

BBob

WKR
.75 DCF.. No thanks. As durable as a plastic bag…
Really? I'd disagree. Have a bunch of time with .5-1 DCF in tents, bivy's etc...and it has been quite durable. One tent fly in .5 has been through 4 (mby 5) seasons now with lots of use. My MLD Superlight bivy has a .75 DCF bottom and it's doing just fine too.

They say the average use of a .75 DCF will last 200-250 nights. For the terrain I hunt and camp, I wouldn’t get anywhere remotely close to that number.

CMF

WKR
I don't see the specs on the vestibule area. I'd like to see how they compare to the Durston X mid 2 pro. Certainly, the duplex lite would be better than the xmid as a 1p, but for 2 people each vestibule in the xmid is big enough for pack, bow and boots. I have the silnylon version.