New trail camera info?

I am looking if there is anything new with trail cameras. I am back to where I will have some time to hunt again this fall but in a new state and new areas. I am considering using cameras to better understand the deer population and what is out there. The cameras will be used on public grounds, so I do not want to invest a lot of money into them not knowing if theft will be an issue. Have any companies come out with better plans for cell cameras?

I skimmed over https://rokslide.com/forums/threads...est-subscription-service.327653/#post-3276355 to have some idea.

Honyock

WKR
I've had good luck with Moultrie Edge cameras. They're not expensive and I've had zero issues with them. They're not the fastest camera (when taking pictures) but I'm on year three running five Edge cameras and they still do what they're supposed to do. $9 a month for 1,000 pictures and they will run a year on eight lithium batteries.

benmj111

FNG
Honestly most of the brands at the same price points are pretty similar these days. I've been running about 20 Stealth Cam's with zero issues. Picture quality is good, battery life isn't great if putting over bait. I usually run all my cameras on scrapes and might have to change out batteries once during our 5 month season in Wisconsin.

OP
F
Honestly most of the brands at the same price points are pretty similar these days. I've been running about 20 Stealth Cam's with zero issues. Picture quality is good, battery life isn't great if putting over bait. I usually run all my cameras on scrapes and might have to change out batteries once during our 5 month season in Wisconsin.
That is how I am thinking of running them since they will be on public in WI. Trying to get some free time to go scout between all the rain when there will be fresh sign.