New toy!!!! Obsession Knightmare

J-Daddy

WKR
Got a new bow in yesterday, don't know how familiar you guys are with these bows so I'll show some pics and give a little insight. Obsession has been around a few years now, but last year they added to their lineup and hired Kevin Strother "from Bowtech, Elite, Strother Archery, K&K"...Yeah I know how a lot of people feel about Kevin but he does come out with some nice bows regardless.
Anyway, this is their new flagship bow for '13...the Knightmare. Specs are=
Brace Height= 6 3/8"
Axle to Axle length= 33 1/2"
IBO Speed= 342-350 fps "the 60lbs models are a little slower"
Draw Length Range= 23 1/2"-30"
Draw weight range= 60lbs max, 65lbs max or 70lbs max "I bet you could get an 80lbs if you sweet talked them"
Finish= Black, Predator 3-D camo or a combo of the two...

I'm gonna start off with the finish on these, they don't have the standard hydro dip finish like most all companies use for camo bows, they have the ColorFusion process and the stuff is flawless and really doesn't look like a hydro dip...It's got a lot deeper, smoother finish and everyone says it's extremely tough as well, the colors are better with this finish as well...Sometimes with a standard hydro dip the colors seem to wash out a little bit in the camo pattern but with this finish the colors are more vibrant and deeper, stuff really looks good. You can also get the cams in a Sunset Orange anodize too, I've seen pics and they look cool...They also offer other custom finishes "not sure what colors" for an additional charge.
The cams are a 2 track binary, but unlike most of them these make really good speeds....Most 2 track cams are stuck in the 320-330 range in real life numbers "not listed numbers", these will make their speeds they list and they feel great. I've compared it to an Elite Answer on steroids, it's super smooth, no big hump on the transition into the valley, big valley, high letoff if you set it up that way and rock hard back wall because it has the dual limb stops that DO NOT have the rubber O-rings like most do so it makes them even harder than some.
The bow draws like a 320 IBO bow, not a 345 IBO bow...I was very impressed with the draw cycle on it. Before this I was shooting a Hoyt Vector Turbo and I liked that bow but this one does draw a lot smoother. If you look in the pics you'll see the angled cable guard rod "standard on their bows", this helps with cam lean and cable torque and is a nice upgrade, the SIMS limb, cable rod & string stop dampners all come stock on their bows as well...Stock strings on them are Americas Best Bowstrings in the new BCY 8190 material. Mine DOES NOT have the stock strings, I had my string builder "John's Customs" build a custom set for the bow before he sent it to me "He's an Obsession dealer and I bought the bow from him"....He built mine with 20strands of BCY 452x Flame & 4 strands of Black....Now with that said I did loose a little speed, with the stock 8190 strings this one was IBO'ing at 348-349fps range, with the 452x strings it's doing 345 fps...So I lost a couple fps but I got the colors I wanted on it, lol.
I'm still waiting to get it totally setup, my Hamskea Versa Rest will hopefully be in before the end of the week....I'm putting the standard Versa Rest on it for now, later on I'm gonna put the Capture model on it probably. I slapped a CBE TEK Hunter on it and a B-Stinger last night and snapped a couple pics, once my rest gets in for it I'll set that up and slap a peep in it....Still trying to figure out the quiver setup for hunting, they have the Hoyt style triangle riser mounts so I'm either gonna run a FUSE 2 piece quiver or try to track down a TightSpot in the new Predator 3-D camo for it. Here's a couple pics for now=
19FA878A-D5B5-4D6C-9FA2-4A4A98FB5FB7-2280-000002861BCF1F29.jpg

D1F16F4A-C520-444D-8B33-356F8E850D8E-2280-0000028628381CCD.jpg

EB53B05E-3628-489E-B303-FCDF80E5F9C2-2280-00000286223F08D5.jpg

67DD5849-FB46-4AFF-8C62-8BA40F75466C-2280-0000028616B06448.jpg

3197F19F-8CAB-4987-88AC-DE5DE1C6CB10-2280-00000286110BD46A.jpg

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
4lbs is what they list it at...
They have the Sniper LT model at 3.9lbs,,,it's like 30 3/4" AtoA length though.

Looks pretty sweet. I shoot a Strother Infinity and its been a solid bow. What are you going to be using the bow for? Hunting or competition? What weight arrows will you be shooting and how fast will you be pushing them? IBO is pretty dang high that's for sure...

Mike

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
Looks good. I have an Eclipse with the same camo riser and black limbs. I just sent my TS quiver back that Joe had done in Predator 3D. It did not look anything like Predator. It was very muted and grey. I exchanged it for a black one instead. You may want to do the same, especially with Kolorfusion riser.

sk1

WKR
My experience with the binary cam is wicked cam lean, how is it on this bow? i had an elite designed by him and the lean was so bad I was scared the string might pop off the cam just drawing it....compared it to several others and the same thing. I'm not well educated in this area but I didn't think there is much you can do to fix that. I ditched that bow quick even though it was one of my favorite bows to shoot, felt amazing.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
It's got a little lean but not a scary amount...Nature of the beast with 2 track binary cams but they have gotten better over the years...All cams have lean if they have a cable guard rod or roller guard, some are just worst than others....This one is not bad at all.

IAHNTR

WKR
J-Daddy - That is one sweet looking rig. I'm in the market this year and have yet to decide on new or year old. I might shoot ya a pm and pick your brain a little if ya don't mind. You seem very knowledgeable and up to date with the archery "stuff".

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
J-Daddy - That is one sweet looking rig. I'm in the market this year and have yet to decide on new or year old. I might shoot ya a pm and pick your brain a little if ya don't mind. You seem very knowledgeable and up to date with the archery "stuff".

PM me anytime, I'll gladly answer any questions I can.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
Looks pretty sweet. I shoot a Strother Infinity and its been a solid bow. What are you going to be using the bow for? Hunting or competition? What weight arrows will you be shooting and how fast will you be pushing them? IBO is pretty dang high that's for sure...

Mike

This one will be my hunting rig, I'm gonna order a Black 60 or 65lbs model for 3-d... Not sure what arrows I'll run this year...I've gotta pile of Gold Tip Velocity .300's laying around so I'll shoot them some. They are like 380grs, I should get around 315-320 out of them at my draw length.