New to Archery in Southern California ! all tips are welcome !

hello to the kind folk at Rokslide ! I'm interested in learning the ways of Archery ! any and all tips are appreciated to get me into the sport ! would like to start w target practice then eventually take my skills out into the field to go hunting !

thank you for your time everyone

Bootaka

FNG
What part of so cal? I maintain a range down in San Diego for the San Diego Archers.

OP
C
I am located about 30 minutes outside East of Los Angeles and almost 2 hours away from San Diego !

oh wow a range? that sounds so Delightful ! do you Feel if I visited I could get shown the ropes ? would I have to bring my own gear or could I learn there so I know what I actually like when I do make purchases ?

I appreciate the share

Bootaka

FNG
Pasadena would be closer for you to check out. Https://www.rovingarchers.com/ They require a range safety course to be ab to use their range, and it is BYOB.

If you do make it down this way, Rube Powell is also BYOB but, I'm sure I could find a bow or 10 for you to try.

SWOHTR

WKR
Both Morley Field and Rube Powell are outstanding locations in San Diego. It does feel a bit odd walking into Balboa Park with a bow, but it’s great. “Shown the ropes,” basically it’s show up and pay to shoot.

Other good options for shops include Bow n Arrow Shop in Lakeside. Class A operation there. Highly recommended.

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Mile square park archery range is free in Santa Ana but is BYOB. I shoot there a lot.