New Tikka Rifles Shot Show 2024

Tahoe1305

WKR
There’s other options that are just as light and accurate or more so and you don’t have to deal with slow barrels that aren’t thick enough to properly thread, shitty magazines, terrible customer service, and low aftermarket support.
All those are .73” muzzle thickness. So thick enough to thread….they are already threaded 5/8s.

The barrels aren’t slow. The chambers are long. Results in lower than normal pressure with factory loads, which makes them a bit slow. If you hand load it’s an advantage. You can load out closer to the lands and pick up some bonus velocity over a standard throat and handloads loaded to close to SAAMI specs.

The factory magazine and BM offering is by far the lightest on the market of any gun type. I’ve seen minimal reports of issues with them. It is plastic and that bothers some.

To each their own.

Last edited:
All those are .73” muzzle thickness. So thick enough to thread….they are already threaded 5/8s.

The barrels aren’t slow. The chambers are long. Results in lower than normal pressure with factory loads, which makes them a bit slow. If you hand load it’s an advantage. You can load out closer to the lands and pick up some bonus velocity over a standard throat and handloads loaded to close to SAAMI specs.

To each their own.

I’ve loaded for a number of Tikkas and put the bullets close to the lands and the barrels are still considerably slower than others. Plenty of other people have had the same results as me. My 24” CTR with 140 hybrids .020” jump was only doing 2620 with 42.7gr of H4350… that’s slow as ****. The T3 223 I had punched out to 223AI and running 75gr Amax’s with Varget was slower than what I got out of some straight 223’s with the same bullet.