New target?

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
I'm getting a new bow at the end of the month and I will be doing a lot of shooting this year. I shoot at my buddy's place and will store the target in the barn when not shooting. So, I would like a target that I can move in and out of the barn for every session and yet have it not be too small. I've read the threads and I'm still not sure which would be good for my application. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a cheap light weight target that I got years ago that is a sack with bulls-eyes on it that one stuffs with plastic bags or the like. It is supper light and stops arrows just fine but I was looking for a slightly heavier stand alone target. The bag target needs to lean on something... it's like a big pillow without a flat surface to stand on.

Thanks,

Mark

oldgoat

WKR
For just shooting field tips you can't beat the Bag targets like you have for durability and cost effectiveness for size you can get. You could make kind of a saw horse type setup to hang it on so it's still very portable. I like my Rinehart 18n1 for shooting broadheads but it's not real big

Squints08

Lil-Rokslider
Bags are good and last. For a 3D target I recommend you spend a little more on targets that don't have replacement vital sections. When you shoot the center out of it you can buy a 10$ can of spray foam and replace the center. With a little plastic wrap, foam, tape, spray paint and time it will last another 1000 shots. I like the Delta McKenzie Basecamp buck target. I have "refoamed" the shot out center over 5 times on the same target. I can provide before and after pictures as well as instructions if you are interested.

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
Check out 365 archery targets. Lightweight, stands on its own, can get pretty large sizes and the center part you shoot is replaceable. I have the 24" for about 1.5 years now and have been very happy with it. I had to replace the center after a year and shooting a ton of broad heads into it.

Beendare

WKR
Mark,
the bag targets like the Morrel are fantastic, last a very long time and your arrows pull easy.…but you cant shoot BH’s in them.

The foam block targets are good for BH’s, but depending on the density of the foam, they can get torn up much faster than the bags and arrows are harder to pull.

Hay bales work but rot and get torn up by BHs And lose their stopping power Fairly quick.

Carpet in layers laid horizontal stops arrows well, no BHs, lasts a long time… but can leave your arrows a little bit gummy if you do not use the lube.

You can make a cheap version of the bags with a $30 morrell cover and stuff it with plastic and or old clothes.

LostArra

WKR
For traditional archery and field points high dollar targets are unnecessary. I use a coffee bag lined with a contractor bag filled with plastic wrap or Walmart bags. Pack it tight and it will stop compound arrows too if you don't shoot the same spot. Extremely light weight to move.
I've found Kenyan coffee bags to be a plus as the country map provides a nice "vitals zone" and the shape of the bag is kind of like a deer body.

Get a blem 18-1 for broad heads and you are set. PXL_20230316_134425109.jpgPXL_20230316_134411462.jpg