New Swaro 's on the way!

rsbhunter

FNG
New member. Just read the optics section and had my latest purchase validated.I had ordered a set of Vortex Razor 10x50 hd 's. Mostly because of reviews, and found that while maybe great for their price, they are not in the alpha league. So, after returning them to Cabelas,, I ordered (no place within 200 plus that have any decent binos)the Swaro 's EL.I had owned a set of Leica's before and regretted getting rid of them. Just wanted to tell all on the site that I have read some of the best reviews, even opinions as well as actual comparisons on here, and plan on using the site for advice and the expert knowledge here...rsbhunter

ol490

Lil-Rokslider
You should love them. I just upgraded to swarovski el10x32 swarovisions. I have one week of hunting with them and absolutely love them.

OP
R

rsbhunter

FNG
Thanks to all...A lot of people believe that the snob factor and name game are the reasons we buy them. The reason I bought them is, at almost 60, my eyes need all the help I can give them.Yes the $$$$ is almost vapor lock to the heart! Now is my time, but I hunted for a lot of years with inadequate clothing., boots, and optics because of raising a family.Now is my time! Can 't wait till they get here!!!! Rsbhunter

I heard that 60's comment. am 63 and legally blind in left eye and issues in right. have a pair of leupold gold ring hd's that have been discontinued since purchasing them only 4-5 years ago. not sure if the better glass would do me any good but would love to hear the revues. like most not near a dealer so rely a lot on the forums and this one is the best by far. congrats on the purchase and keep in touch with your thoughts on them

OP
R

rsbhunter

FNG
Mtswampfox, I can 't say that the better (alpha) glass will help with your situation, but it WON 'T hurt.I owned a pair of 12x50 Leicas that I foolishly sold years ago....what I realized after I bought cheaper binos later is that with the great glass, your just closer to what your looking at. It 's like there's nothing between your eyes and what your looking at...thats why I didn't 't know how good they were...rsbhunter

Last edited: