New string and cables

lastcall

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to replace my factory strings and cable on my Z7. Any Suggestions? Thanks

That Winners Choice 8190X material is super strong with no stretch. Im super impressed with it on my bow. I dont think it is the fastest string out the but really good of hunting.

Matt Palmquist

Lil-Rokslider
Vaportrail also make a quality set of strings and cables. There are quite a few good options out there.

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
Put the 8190 from Winners choice on my Maxxis 35. Changed from the stock Fuse strings. Dont know about speed, still havent shot it across the chrono. But it sure got quieter and has zero creep. Adjusted the peep after maybe 20 shots and its solid ever since. With the Fuse strings my peep was a moving target.

Payed a touch extra to get colors other than the stock bright green color. Never was into bright flashy colors.

velvetfvr

WKR
Go on Archerytalk and have breathn make them. $75 dollars shipped to your door however you want them! He is the best IMO and his strings are the only ones on my bows. Thinking on having him make me a Franken bow since he does that. Good luck!

Lukem

WKR
You'll get about 80 answers to this question, and most of them won't be wrong. All of them listed so far are good. I've used 60x, winners and Vaportrails. Happy with all of them. 60x on both my bows right now.

OP
lastcall

lastcall

Lil-Rokslider
You'll get about 80 answers to this question, and most of them won't be wrong. All of them listed so far are good. I've used 60x, winners and Vaportrails. Happy with all of them. 60x on both my bows right now.

Thanks, seems to be a lot of good companies out there. I will have to just pick one and go with it.

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
Another vaportrail fan, been using them for 3 years and they are top quality and awsome customer service, you will have them in about 3 days.

OP
lastcall

lastcall

Lil-Rokslider
Seems to be some great strings out there. I may have to do a some more research. With all the choices out there, what do you look at to narrow it dow and pick one besides price?

OR Archer

WKR
I've installed a lot of different sets of strings/cables for customers. Some of them are decent, others are not. I still think Winners Choice are the best out there and set the bar on what a quality string should be. And the new 8190X material is awesome. Who ever you decide to make your strings make sure you request the 8190x material.

Lukem

WKR
Thanks, seems to be a lot of good companies out there. I will have to just pick one and go with it.

Yep, most of them have super fanboys, which means they're quality, rarely do you get a complaint about any of the string makers mentioned in this thread, and usually it can be traced back to something else. Other than that, people worry too much about things. Like you said, pick one and go with it.

60x makes good stuff, and his Black Friday Sale is killer. Simple as that for me.

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
I look at the BCY web page and their description of each of the materials. Then I read reviews to help narrow down the material I want.
Then I looked at string makers. Any one that didn't list what the fiber used was or that claimed some wiz bang proprietary material was passed on. Then I looked at reviews and talked to the local pro shop guys about the makers still on the list.
In the end I ended up with Winners choice, using BCY's 8190x.

You may end up elsewhere.