New Stone Glacier gear??

I’ve been looking forward to the cirque light vest since the regular cirque vest dropped last year. Wish it had a hood, but alas. Mine gets in early this week. Fingers crossed the fire is as good for me as it is on their other garments.

One difference from the Avail - there’s no ladder lock on the bag where the shoulder strap webbing connects, it’s sewn. So it isn't specifically made to do go on a frame.

Can you clarify what you mean by that? I'm not following...

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Can you clarify what you mean by that? I'm not following...

One is sewn, and one has a ladder lock connection in reverse on the bag - the difference being that when connecting the Avail to a frame, you don't have 24" or whatnot of webbing dangling due to the shoulder strap connection.

I've never found the Avail to be a great frame bag compared with the Approach, which is built for that use.

Screenshot 2024-01-08 132410.pngScreenshot 2024-01-08 120139.png

One is sewn, and one has a ladder lock connection in reverse on the bag - the difference being that when connecting the Avail to a frame, you don't have 24" or whatnot of webbing dangling due to the shoulder strap connection.

I've never found the Avail to be a great frame bag compared with the Approach, which is built for that use.

View attachment 654247View attachment 654248

Now I'm following. Thank you for that!

That seems like an odd design if they were actually planning on people using it on a frame. The Kiowa is the same way.

I had the Avail for a while, but oddly enough, the 2200ci wouldn't carry nearly the amount of stuff my old Kuiu 1850 carried, and I found myself always running out of space if I wanted to carry an extra layer or two in my pack.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Now I'm following. Thank you for that!

That seems like an odd design if they were actually planning on people using it on a frame. The Kiowa is the same way.

I had the Avail for a while, but oddly enough, the 2200ci wouldn't carry nearly the amount of stuff my old Kuiu 1850 carried, and I found myself always running out of space if I wanted to carry an extra layer or two in my pack.
I don't think they intend for either to be used on the frame. Admittadly I was pretty jazzed about slapping this new bag on my frame for day hunts, but it isn't meant for that (like the kiowa) so the sewed connection makes a lot of sense to dilenate them (and make you buy a bag actually designed for the frame). The 2600 seems way more spacious than the Avail just based on the bag layout and how the zipper lands at the front. Thankfully the 2600 belt removes. I used the Avail a lot skiiing, so we'll have to see how well this bag works for that given it is 2" taller.

wnelson14

WKR
Had a question about the cirque lite vest and how quiet it is? Wondering if the Kuiu Peloton 240 is a better option for an archery vest.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Had a question about the cirque lite vest and how quiet it is? Wondering if the Kuiu Peloton 240 is a better option for an archery vest.
half of it is fleece so that's obviously quiet. I would think the 240 would be a touch quieter honestly. The CL face fabric is quiet, certainly more than most soft shells, but it isn't dead quiet.