New sleeping bag....which one?

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've got a 5 degree Western Mountaineering. Be realistic about how warm or cold you sleep.

Get chilled at dusk and a hot bag is a luxury.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
No mention of Big Agnes?

I have a Mystic SL 15 bag and so far I really like it.

Sorry Whisky and others,

I actually have the 20 degree Zirkel mummy bag, and my previous comments are for the Zirkel. I used to have the 15 degree Lost Ranger, and I have found the Zirkel is actually warmer for me than the LR was.

Sorry about the brain fart.

jmez

WKR
Temp rating is definitely user dependent.

I use a +30 Eureka Silver City for mid September elk hunting, $65 on sale. I have yet to get cold and have used it into the mid 20's. I also have a Cabelas XPG 0 degree bag that I have used one night. Woke up wet with sweat about halfway through the night with just base layers on. Stripped to shorts and had to leave it unzipped.

My main bag is not high end nor has a low rating but has worked well for me. I also use a short sleeping pad with my setup.

2rocky

WKR
I have a BA in zero degree. While it is rather bulky I sure like the design.

I also have a WM in 30 degrees. Great Bowhunting bag. I do have some down leakage though and a couple tears.

I do wish I had a 15 deg bag though. tough to say which brand I would go with...

Second hand, the lower fill Sierra Designs DriDown bags aren't perfect.

Check out the Katabatic Palisade for the best of the best, or if its about budget the Kelty Comsic line.

OP
armyjoe

armyjoe

Super Moderator
So I decided to buy the Marmot bag. Just couldn't pass up such a good bag for $260 on the military program. Plus I think in the long run the down will last longer