New Sig Cross in PRC Line and Proof Barrel

Timjohnson11

Lil-Rokslider
May be old news but haven’t seen it posted yet so figure I’ll share. Sig has a new Cross on display at the Hunt Expo this weekend in SLC chambered in 7mm PRC and w/ a Proof Carbon barrel. The representative said available in June for $2900. 300 PRC and 6.5 PRC available shortly thereafter..

OP
T

Timjohnson11

Lil-Rokslider
I forgot to ask barrel lengths, I would have guessed 22” though. Not sure I’d say it’s a big price bump as it was sporting a new carbon Proof Barrel which is a big upgrade over the current cross barrel.

brazz04

FNG
The carbon barrels are better in most cases. They stay lightweight for hunting and can handle more heat before wandering than a pencil thin hunting barrel. Also I like the nice rigid barrel as a supressor host, and most people running a cross are likely adding one. I had an original cross in 6.5 creedmoor that was an absolute hammer and a blast to shoot. A 7PRC do everything rifle seems like an excellent plan.

OP
T

Timjohnson11

Lil-Rokslider
June for the 7PRC is what the rep said. 6.5 and 300 PRC “to follow” but didn’t get a specific date there.

timstl

FNG
It looks like this gun has been getting the subtle Instagram treatment from FL/Meateater/etc lately, and also in a couple of Sig reels, so have to imagine it will be here soon.

The dealer I spoke to said there's a large Sig product launch in June, but that Sig hasn't confirmed it will be part of it. Apparently, there was a production issue with the Cross (not related to the old recall) that could delay this version. I doubt they'd be sneaking it out there if it wasn't coming soon, though.

Interested to see the final specs.

IMG_9275.jpg

tann435

FNG
The after market support fpr this one will be more timely in my assessment. Lite, folder, magnum cross= alot of happy and broke mountain hunters! Pricey but it fits the bill!

HawkCreek

Lil-Rokslider
I know there's plenty of Sig hate out there but I'm debating one of these or a Sig Cross in 277 Fury. The 277 would be lighter but if the reloading world can figure out full power reloads it would do everything I need for hunting.

Its going to have to be 6lbs or less to generate much interest. My guess is they will be closer to 7.5lbs.

HawkCreek

Lil-Rokslider
LoL @everyone guessing the specs. It's on the Sig website. 24" barrel and it's 8.5 lbs with the proof barrel.

May be old news but haven’t seen it posted yet so figure I’ll share. Sig has a new Cross on display at the Hunt Expo this weekend in SLC chambered in 7mm PRC and w/ a Proof Carbon barrel. The representative said available in June for $2900. 300 PRC and 6.5 PRC available shortly thereafter..
I don't get this price point. I could put together a legit custom rifle for this amount of money. I will just do that if I'm going to spend 3 grand not purchase this generic ar platform.

timstl

FNG
I don't get this price point. I could put together a legit custom rifle for this amount of money. I will just do that if I'm going to spend 3 grand not purchase this generic ar platform.
I heard $2600 a couple of places, but nothing official. Still a lot, but slightly more palatable if that turns out to be the price, I guess.

Personally the 24" barrel is a bit of a head scratcher. I am not familiar with the velocity drop off between 20"/22"/24" in 7PRC, so maybe that's the issue. But as someone who is used to carrying a 18" Cross, 24" + suppressor feels like it defeats the point just as much as the 8.5 lbs.

Last edited:
LoL @everyone guessing the specs. It's on the Sig website. 24" barrel and it's 8.5 lbs with the proof barrel.
😂 “light” “stiff” carbon barrel in a cold ass metal chassis for an 8.5# hunting rifle. Dudes will still pay $3k for them because they think they look cool though.