New shooting bags (front and rear) from S2H

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
What’s the purpose of putting leather on your cheek rest? I first saw that on a gunwerks stock, and they did it on the grip too. I thought it was for the cool factor. Is there more to it?

And

I assumed as much.

Possibly showing some ignorance here, but what purpose does it serve?

Two main reasons-

1). If you need or want a slightly higher cheekpiece. Few will want if have this issue with the RokStok.

2). It feels good. In cold weather it is much more comfortable than the carbon, and in extremely cold weather your breath can and will freeze on the stock. Same in very hot weather- the stock sitting in the sun can be brutal on a face. The leather is much more comfortable than carbon/plastic.
I and others have been using leather and suede pieces in AR15 stocks for years for similar reasons.

Beyond the strictly functional aspects, it just feels good to use.

And

Two main reasons-

1). If you need or want a slightly higher cheekpiece. Few will want if have this issue with the RokStok.

2). It feels good. In cold weather it is much more comfortable than the carbon, and in extremely cold weather your breath can and will freeze on the stock. Same in very hot weather- the stock sitting in the sun can be brutal on a face. The leather is much more comfortable than carbon/plastic.
I and others have been using leather and suede pieces in AR15 stocks for years for similar reasons.

Beyond the strictly functional aspects, it just feels good to use.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro