New rules on posting spots? Really Rokslide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
L

Lil-Rokslider656

Lil-Rokslider
I'm gonna throw in my two cents here after reading some of the arguments.

Its a private forum, they can set rules and you either follow them or leave.

With that said, if you're asking about a true LE tag(my meaning on this - its a LE unit for the animal you're asking about, there's no general season) I don't see where making a post asking about said unit is a big deal. Great, so 10,000 people can google it and see where someone asked. Whats the chances of them actually drawing the tag and being able to hunt it? I don't know about you guys, but I typically don't spend time in LE country until I draw a tag... and I'm not about to start applying for a unit just because some guy asked about it on a forum.

Now if this unit has a general season for said animal, I completely agree.

Which brings me to a follow up point...

If people googling results is such a bad thing - why not turn off the forum for non-members and search engines. I don't see this happening, and if its such a big deal I'm not sure why it hasn't been done already... or at least make the animal specific forums for members only. If people want to partake in the forum(and information), they have to create an account.

Ultimately, like I mentioned at the beginning - its a private forum. They can choose to moderate it as they see fit. I, nor anyone else has to 100% agree with the rules but we gotta follow them if we want to be here.
100% this.

Thank you for putting it this way. A much less combative way and more constructive way than I put it.

And 100% agree that its a private fourm. If they’re against it thats fine. I’m just an all in / all out kinda guy. The rule just seems like a hafl step and gets the worst of both sides IMO. And i’m just calling that out.

CorbLand

WKR
100% this.

Thank you for putting it this way. A much less combative way and more constructive way than I put it.

And 100% agree that its a private fourm. If they’re against it thats fine. I’m just an all in / all out kinda guy. The rule just seems like a hafl step and gets the worst of both sides IMO. And i’m just calling that out.
For someone that is "fine" with what the owners of the site wants....you sure showed that when you asked if they were commies, or a liberal takeover...

Status
Not open for further replies.