New rest help?

huck

Lil-Rokslider
Was looking at getting a new rest. Was looking at QAD Ultra and Ripcord Code Red . Anybody have an opinion or a better idea? Dont want to spend a ton of $ but want it to work. Thanks.

Of those two, QAD. Neither are perfect, but I know my local shop has 3-4 times the warranty/replacement from the RIP cord than the QAD.

I wouldn't go lower than the HDX QAD so you get the no bounce back. Also, I really like having a micro adjust, so if it's QAD, I recommend the MXT rest.

I have used QAD for a long time, no issues. Don't put too much tension on the activation cord, I also don't use them in frigid temps much, but that's a consideration because they will slow down if you are in the low teens and single digit temps. My current hunting bow has a Hamskea Epsilon that I'm so far happy with, but still a little nervous. Saw several Trinities get horizontal shaft play, waiting to see how this one holds up.

Not too many options for rests that you can lock in the upward position, which I'm assuming you are looking for given the two you are asking about. I think the QAD MXT is the best option for that.