New release= Hamskea Drop Tine

J-Daddy

WKR
Well just a couple days ago I didn't even know this release existed...I was over on AT and a guy asked about the Hamskea Versa Rest and I chimmed in "cause I love my Versa Rest" then a buddy of mine who uses Hamskea stuff mentioned a new release from them...I instantly PM'd him about it and he sent me some pics of their new wrist strap release called the Drop Tine...He gave me some info on it, and I asked him if he had anymore in stock, he said he had one left and shot me a price on it and I said drop it in the mail cause I'll take it...I got it in today, played with the trigger adjustments, travel and weight and shot it a couple times in the garage....WOW.
I've been shooting the SCOTT Silverhorns for awhile and they are ok, I was looking to go back to shooting the Carter RX1 again "I've shot them alot in the past" cause the Scott isn't heavy enough and has to much trigger travel for my taste but now I'm Hamskea Drop Tine all the way...Set it heavy and with no felt trigger travel and I'm in love...Forward position trigger, open hook design, leather strap and comes with 3 springs to play with the trigger weight...I'm digging it with a shovel.
Here's a few pics I just snapped of it.
IMAG0413.jpg

IMAG0414.jpg

IMAG0415.jpg

ckleeves

WKR
Hey J-daddy how wide is that tether? Do you think that the head would fit on a scott buckle strap? I really like the looks of these. Better yet just send it to me so I can check to see if it fits. I will just keep it for a few months to make sure it fit then return it OK? lol

The Droptine will absolutely fit on a Scott strap, if you feel the need to change it out. You'll have a hard time beating the quality and performance of this release.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
Hey J-daddy how wide is that tether? Do you think that the head would fit on a scott buckle strap? I really like the looks of these. Better yet just send it to me so I can check to see if it fits. I will just keep it for a few months to make sure it fit then return it OK? lol

Yeah it'll go right on a SCOTT NCS strap...Honestly the strap that comes on the Drop Tine ain't bad...I've gotta couple SCOTT Silverhorns around here and the SCOTT strap might be a little bit better but not a ton. I still might end up switching it out just because my SCOTT straps are broke in and done stretching...I do think the SCOTT strap has a better buckle on it where the NCS strap runs through, but other that that there's not a huge amount of difference. The Drop Tine is the real deal, I was always a Carter fan but this thing is nice...I'm not surprised to see them release a wrist strap release, I know last summer when I was in Utah I stopped by Gold Tip to see a buddy of mine that works there and ended up spending half the day hanging out with Tim Gillingham and he was talking about going back to a wrist strap/index finger release himself...I kinda figured Hamskea would end up building one after Tim talked about shooting them so much. I'm extremely impressed with it so far, the amount of adjustability on it is only matched by a Carter, no other wrist strap style release comes close to it.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
I think most places are selling them in the $110-$120 range...About the same price as some of the Carter releases that are in the same catagorey as this one.

ckleeves

WKR
Which Carter is it most comparable to? I have had a Like Mike and a Lucky and didn't really care for either. I Like the quickie however.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
It reminds me a lot of the Quickie except the Hamskea doesn't have that piece of crap elastic cord to reset it, lol. Think Quickie with the ITS and your gonna be pretty dang similar to the Hamskea Drop Tine.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
Hardest part will be finding one right now I think...Seems like most people have them on backorder. I bought mine from a buddy of mine who's a dealer in Idaho and it was the last one he had in stock..He called Hamskea the next day and they said they were all gone but were getting more made at the machine shop they use and they would let him know when they were back in stock....I wanted a spare but no luck. I also heard some of the big companies like Lancasters are in the same boat right now...