New Peak Refuel meals

Well they have the official countdown going now so I guess will see tomorrow. This is either going to be great or a big let down.

I wish they’d start making single serving meals. I haven’t bought Peak for this reason. My kid & I bought some for an upcoming backup trip. If it’s as good as everyone says I may consider repackaging. It would have to be pretty damn good to get me to add the extra time and cost to repackage though.

^ they are single serving meals :D

single (half) serving would be just right for my wife though; I just repackage when she goes.

I've found repackaging even when I go alone and use a full bag, saves some weight and maybe more importantly volume. They go into a freezer quart bags (and eventually end up in a Hyperlite RePack cozy when eaten.

I wish they’d start making single serving meals. I haven’t bought Peak for this reason. My kid & I bought some for an upcoming backup trip. If it’s as good as everyone says I may consider repackaging. It would have to be pretty damn good to get me to add the extra time and cost to repackage though.
I usually eat the whole things and if my wife is there alot of times finish hers.
The Primavera is the only one I actually consider large enough.
The Alfredo is adequate sized.
The pesto is delicious but I don't buy them any more because the amount of food is so low.

But you can easily buy if by the can and re package.

I usually eat the whole things and if my wife is there alot of times finish hers.
The Primavera is the only one I actually consider large enough.
The Alfredo is adequate sized.
The pesto is delicious but I don't buy them any more because the amount of food is so low.

But you can easily buy if by the can and re package.
I don’t mind slightly smaller portions for my dinner meal because I eat a lot throughout the day. My lunch starts right after breakfast and continues until just before dinner. Lots of calories.

I wish they weren’t unreasonably priced. I should package and sell my $1 ramen bombs to the cool kids and make some $$$

I wish they weren’t unreasonably priced. I should package and sell my $1 ramen bombs to the cool kids and make some $$$
12 bucks for what amounts to gourmet when compared to mountain house or many others is unreasonable? When buying a lunch at burger joint is at least 12$ and doesnt even require freeze drying and packaging?
I don't feel it's cheap but it's certainly not unreasonable if.you expect to just add hot.water and have awesome stroganoff or whatever on top of a remote mountain.
I'd be charging triple that to make em to sell!

Highly unreasonable imo, but to each their own. An entire day of backpacking food runs me less than $8. I spend 30-40 days backpack hunting a year so yeah, the cost would be unreasonable for me. Probably not a big deal for a weekend warriors

Last edited:
Highly unreasonable imo but to each their own. An entire day of backpacking food runs me less than $8. I spend 30-40 days backpack hunting a year so yeah, the cost would be unreasonable for me. Probably not a big deal for a weekend warriors
Man you're gonna have to list this day of food out.
And how many calories?
I'm shooting for 3k per day.
I have a feeling your a skinny guy thats not that into food.
I can't eat a single meal for $8 at home or in the mountains.
I do 30 food bags a year as well and its like $30 a day.
So unless your eating some disgusting dollar store crap i just don't believe you.
You literally would have to eat a Ramen and like 3 of those cheap chocolate chip granola bars a day.
Id flipping pass out.

Man you're gonna have to list this day of food out.
And how many calories?
I'm shooting for 3k per day.
I have a feeling your a skinny guy thats not that into food.
I can't eat a single meal for $8 at home or in the mountains.
I do 30 food bags a year as well and its like $30 a day.
So unless your eating some disgusting dollar store crap i just don't believe you.
You literally would have to eat a Ramen and like 3 of those cheap chocolate chip granola bars a day.
Id flipping pass out.
Haha wow $30 a day? Again, to each their own, I just couldn’t justify that myself. Below is an average day for me:

-Breakfast
Granola bar & oatmeal ~ maybe $1
-Lunch
Tortilla/tuna packet/2 mayo packets/spam single and pop tart. ~ maybe $3
-Dinner
(Freezer bag meals generally)
Knorr rice or noodle side ~ $1
Ramen/Idahoan potato packet ~ $2

Add snacks like dried fruit, peanut butter singles and a candy bar and your still well under $10 per day. Don’t know or care how many calories. I change the meals up obviously but something like this gets me through numerous 6-8 day trips comfortably.

Note- I’m not fat which helps

Last edited:
Back