New pack hint on the Exo site.

Easy solution, buy the bags with a frame hahaha, no I completely understand what you are saying now. There are lots of users only wanting to upgrade the bag and it certainly will make things problematic. It might not be as big a deal though it the new lids attach to the bag itself and nothing to the frame. Therefore just tucking the 3/4 webbing on the K2 frame panel behind the shoulder straps and no big deal. I did order the full K3 4800, we will see when everything gets here.
Then the lid would flip over and would hang off the back of the bag and wouldn't really be a lid anymore lol

Tick

WKR
CApighunter - Yes we made sure the new designs are all compatible with old bags and frames. We didn't want to leave any customers out to dry or force them to buy a new frame if they just wanted a new bag. There are a few small work arounds but very simple. There are only a couple accessories that won't transfer over.

Hopefully the lid is a simple work around.

Very disappointing and almost misleading if the K3 lid does not work with the K2 frame. It was mentioned many times in comments or videos that the bags would work with both. It is a reasonable assumption the lid would also work with both.

Easy there trigger, where’d you get that it won’t work? The K3 lid works with a K3 bag and any frame. However it would seem that if someone had a K3 frame then a K2 or K1 lid wouldn’t work without modifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
Easy there trigger, where’d you get that it won’t work? The K3 lid works with a K3 bag and any frame. However it would seem that if someone had a K3 frame then a K2 or K1 lid wouldn’t work without modifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exo says it won’t work. I believe the exact words are “the k3 lid is not compatible with k2 frames”. The lest 30 or so posts have been a discussion about how simple or complicated the modifications will be to make it work. Straps and buckles are configured differently.

md126

WKR
I sure wish EXO would chime in here at some point and clarify this issue.

If it’s a business move to get people to buy a full pack instead of just a bag I think it’s a bad one. Just my opinion.

OP
wekilldeer

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
It is most likely a male/female buckle issue since the new bags can run without a lid. I'm sure you can get it to work with some buckle mods

mtholton

FNG
Just chatted with Mark at Exo and he said a K3 bag with a K2 frame will work. The only thing is the webbing size is different which we all know. The issue as I understand it is if you want to use a new lid with the old bag/frame. I told him about the thread and he mentioned Steve will be able to clarify. So from what I've heard, I should be fine with my purchase of the 4800 bag to put on my k2 frame, and the lid will work with it just maybe tougher to get the webbing through.

Hey guy sorry for the all the confusion here and misunderstanding. First off I'll just say If anyone has any questions on the new stuff just email me at [email protected]. I'll get back to you right away with the answer. I'm sure there will be some more questions and confusion here and there as we transition into the new products.

There is no plot here to try and force guys to buy complete new systems or anything like that. In fact during design process I made a lot of small decisions to make sure guys could purchase new bags or new frames and that they worked together with older components. Obviously I couldn't make everything work but the vast majority of older products will fit with the new K3 stuff. There are just a few places where 1" web would slide through a 3/4" buckle and vice versa. We are always about treating the customer first.

To clarify on the lid; There was some confusion with Mark and I as he was uploading the new products to the website and it sort of a gray area on just buying the lid by itself without a new bag as well. We added a note to the K3 lid only page to put in the order notes that if you plan to put this on a K2 frame + K2 bag to ask us for extra straps.

A K3 bag and lid will work with zero issues on a K2 frame. The only not perfect spot is you'll run 3/4" webbing through the lid buckles on the frame side of the lid and you'll run the bags 1" webbing through the 3/4" ladder locks on the bottom of the frame.

If you bought a K3 lid only and planned to put it on a k2 frame and K2 bag it wouldn't work right out of the gate as you have the 3/4" webbing and 3/4" buckles on the bag that wouldn't connect into the lids 1" buckles. We are going to make replacement straps that you can pull off the 3/4" lid straps from your bags D-rings and just swap those out so you have an easy transition. If you want just a lid only in your order notes ask for those straps and we'll include them for free.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions.

Thanks,
Steve

On the comments for buying a bag only. As far back as I can remember we have include a lid with bag only purchases. Thinking back this started in 2014 when we started the company and the 3500 lid was sewn into the bag, if you wanted a 5500 bag only you needed the lid as well so we naturally included it.

We also at some point made the lid only an option to purchase as a lot of guys requested that as they had 2000 bags they wanted to put a lid on. We never really re-evaluated that.

If you already own a bag and lid and just want to get the bag by itself just contact us and we'll be happy to sell you the bag only without a lid at a discounted price.

I think its easy for people to forget in this day and age with so many large companies out there that have terrible customer service. We are a small company and are very happy to work with anyones custom requests, just reach out to us and we'll let you know if its possible.

Steve

Steve, Is the new belt going to be the solid foam type or the mesh? I’d think the foam would start to get a little stinky want sweat build up. Not a big deal for hiking but a deal breaker for hunting. Any thoughts? Thanks

The K3 belt is staying the same as the recent K2 belt was, it's a solid stretch fabric. The fabric is made of 91% nylon and has very little odor even after an entire season of use. Its a non issue in my opinion.

Also just to clarify on some of your other comments, K3 lids will fit on a K2 frame. If its with a new bag there is zero issues at all, if you want to put a new lid on an old bag and frame we'll include replacement straps for free.

Steve

walleyes

FNG
I have a new K3 6400 on order and I can vouch for the customer service as I got all my questions answered. Looking forward to taking it on my NWT trip in August 😁

md126

WKR
Looks good Steve. Will the new crib load panel be compatible with the K2 or should I just order the older one? Thanks