New Pack & Frame for Tall Guy

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
I am in the market for a new pack and frame. I am a big guy, 6'7" 260lbs and I wanted to see if there were any other big dudes out there with feedback on packs that fit their body type well.

I'd like to buy a single frame that I can either have one large pack on that tightens down into a day pack, or a single frame that I can throw a big bag on and a smaller day bag on. Would like to be able to have 6000-8000CI of space for the larger pack and 3000-4000CI for the smaller pack.

I am currently leaning towards the SG xcurve frame and the Sky Guide 7900 and Kiowa 3300. I am also considering the Exo K3 6400 and the Initial Ascent 4k or 6k. I am sure these are all great packs--but wanted to see if you all could provide any first hand experience of 'big/tall guys' and how these packs carried.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Llama32

WKR
Classified Approved
I am a tall guy like yourself I am 6'9 and 235 pounds

All I can recommend is getting a Kifaru setup

I have tried all of the other ones and they don't ever fit properly on this tall guys

PVS

FNG
I am in the same situation, I'm 6'3" with a 21.5" torso. What about some of the Mystery Ranch offerings? I have been looking at the Mystery Ranch Dragon Slayer myself.

Im 6’4”. A kifaru frame with the longer stays fits me very well. I also have an eberlestock f1 mainframe TALL version and it is too long for me on its lowest setting. I do not have a very long torso for my height, sorry I forgot the exact measurement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk