New Old Guy from Vegas wants to learn.

Hello fellow hunters...My name is Matt and I'm 51 and playing catch up. The years have just flown by with out doing as much hunting as I would have wanted till the last 3 or 4 years. My son is 24 and loves to hunt so we've done some duck, rifle deer in Nv. My focus is learn about Elk, Deer, Big Horn and Antelope. The other priority is to try to learn as much as I can so I can share with my son and not look like a fool when we go hunting.
I used to shoot a bow as a kid (Bear 45lb recurve) and started thinking about shooting or hunting with a bow so I got one...a used Hoyt which I am enjoying shooting. I got to go back to Michigan this year with my bow to hunt deer with my brother in law but didn't get anything however I learned a lot and had a blast. This was after pulling a rifle tag with my son and didn't get anything in the Rubies and Humbolts early rifle. We had a great camping trip though. So It's my intention to do more bow hunting so I'm going to Ariz. in Jan for the OTC Deer hunt and may try areas 21, 21 and focus on the wilderness areas. I love camping, back packing, and shooting my bow. I've been "Lurking" on this sight for a few weeks now which I learned about from Slim Jim. I met him and Pacific Archery here in Vegas and he told me about this cool site. I'm not able to offer much to this site rite now but I will add what I can from my training, hunts, etc...maybe some day, I'll have more to share with the future Newbies. Thanks, Matt

muleman

WKR
Welcome. It's never too late. Keep at it and success will follow. Your attitude is great; hunting is a lot more than killing.