New Mexico, who applied?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The deadline passed at 5:00 PM, This is the first year I haven't applied in NM for deer. They dropped the non-resident quota from 10% to 6% for the DIY hunters, so they lose my business. The odds were already bad and apprarantly they can make it without us DIY hunters, so hasta la vista! There are other states with better value for non residents.

Anyone else apply?

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
I wasn't going to, but couldn't resist. I put in for deer, elk, and ibex. I still haven't heard the outcome of the out of state outfitters attempting to appeal SB196. I read if the Judge strikes the law down as UN-Constitutional the law gets thrown out whole, so it would revert back to last year quotas. I don't know if that is the truth. Can someone give us an update?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hvy I did not hear the outcome of that. Might work in your favor if it does get thrown out.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
thanks for posting that Jason. 14,000 less apps this year! Probably make drawing a premium tag about 1% better. Best to all who applied.

jamaro

FNG
Sure.. Over all it was about a 10% decrease.

If you are a NR those apps were down 3,000
The interesting part is going to see what the INCREASE was on the Sheep Tags... We had a ton more sheep tags this year so we were expecting a more people applying for those tags because there is no NR quota... SOOOO if you put in for something other than sheep the odds of getting a tag are going to be pretty good....
Jason