New Mexico early application

gobears870

Lil-Rokslider
The rules book says there are “incentives” for applying before March 15, but I don’t see anything about what those incentives are. What did I miss?

Dwnw/theAltitudesickness

Lil-Rokslider
Was pretty sure it was gear previous years. another forum has a screen grab:

1677880067586.png

160andup

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah it’s ominously difficult to get any information what the incentive actually is. Pretty bizarre.

I have a credit card that carries a zero balance all year except for New Mexico application time. My billing cycle starts over on the 13th every month for that card. Last year I applied for $3,300 worth of NM tags, my monthly interest charge on that amount was $49 so no way am I applying before the 13th. Maybe if the incentive was better draw odds...

This year I'm just going to pay it off immediately instead of leaving the balance on the card until the refund comes back from NM but I would imagine a lot of people leave the balance on their cards like I did last year.

Last edited:

gtriple

WKR
I have a credit card that carries a zero balance all year except for New Mexico application time. My billing cycle starts over on the 13th every month for that card. Last year I applied for $3,300 worth of NM tags, my monthly interest charge on that amount was $49 so no way am I applying before the 13th. Maybe if the incentive was better draw odds...

This year I'm just going to pay it off immediately instead of leaving the balance on the card until the refund comes back from NM but I would imagine a lot of people leave the balance on their cards like I did last year.
Does it not hurt your credit to leave it on?

Oddly your credit score may go UP with a balance. Credit scores are a scam.

I think I’ll put in just in time for incentives in case I win a $10 gift card to Sportsman’s….