New McMillan Hard Edge Camo

Ed Hunt

FNG
Appreciate it man. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out being my first one that I've put together from scratch. I just hope it shoots as well as it looks.
Looks like you used a pile of great parts, I’m sure it’s going to be a solid rifle. I’m still waiting on my receiver, then my build can get started. I can’t wait to see my stock. I feel like pictures probably don’t do the color justice!

Ed Hunt

FNG
HEC1-Tropic “Hard Edge Camo” or if it’s not that, it is an online exclusive that you can sometimes score in the ready to ship section. Hard to tell due to digital image color variation.

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
I think that was one of the test models they did. It's like tropic but with the tan of the sage.

I don't think it's available.

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
@SloppyJ

Wow that looks great, especially with the reflex!
Appreciate it man. I've put a few rounds down it so far and have 50 more loaded up for the next range day. Hoping to have a decent load by the end of those 50 and have it fully dialed in by the time my barrel hits 100rds. I saw some interesting velocity numbers on the first 30 shots.

I've also put a 4x32 NX8 on there and moved the 2.5x20 to my 6 creed build.

Attachments

• 1000004185.jpg
    1000004185.jpg
    734.5 KB · Views: 10
OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
You think this is the gap camo pattern in just a different color scheme?
The gap molded in colors are a different pattern and different colors. That was my preferred color scheme. When I called MOA to see if they had any in stock they didnt. However they texted me pictures of the hard edge patterns they were testing. He told me I could get the hard edge a lot quicker than the molded in GAP color.

The guy helping me told me to order the stock unfinished since the hard edge camo wasn't offically an option yet. By the time my stock was done, he changed my order to add the paint and they sent it to me when it was completed. It took a bit of trust on my end but they came through and I got one of the first ones available. Now you can order them directly from McMillan that way.