New long range scope from Vortex

bradb

WKR
I had it in my hands right before xmas.......for a very short look. It was only in there shop and it was still dark out. But basically a pst size, ffp, with Razor gen 2 type turrets, illumination and parallax. They didn't let me keep the sample I got to look at. I think the glass is made just a few miles down the road from them. Can't wait to get one on a rifle for a good work over

I've been kinda disappointed with my Viper PST, but that scope is intriguing. If it comes out as light as the PST, I might have to try one out. Are you planning to post more details after SHOT?

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I've been kinda disappointed with my Viper PST, but that scope is intriguing. If it comes out as light as the PST, I might have to try one out. Are you planning to post more details after SHOT?

We will post up on it from shot.

I think it's around 28 oz

bates

WKR
its a first focal scope, which in a scope like this I think is the only way to roll personally. I mean if your going to have a reticle why not be able to use it on all powers especially on a scope that goes up to 24 power you are going to have it dialed down quite a bit.

I think they hit a home run with this scope and really nailed it, I am excited to get my hands on one.

Right now I plan on running one in a few matches this summer and probably put one on an upcoming build.

bates

WKR
I think retail around the gen II razor's $2500

they are made in the US so that is going to add some cost

bradb

WKR
YA it won't be cheap. I won't get into the ffp versus sfp. I use both can see the argument both ways. But after more time behind ffp in most cases I would take ffp. I like the locking down turrets and the size of the turrets a lot. Basically all the control system is great. Like I said I was there very early morning and it was dark out and I was just hand holding it looking at it, so I am making no statements as to the glass. Looked very good in the room! I also do not consider myself nearly as much a perfect glass person as some think they are. This was also one of the early samples that I looked at and I was told the final may have a few tiny tweaks

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I think retail around the gen II razor's $2500

I've been disappointed with Vortex optics. At that price point, they'd have to be doing something amazingly better than the others in that price range to attract buyers I would think. IMO Vortex's allure has always been a "perceived" high quality, competing with the big boys at a greatly reduced price.

Whisky

WKR
I've been disappointed with Vortex optics. At that price point, they'd have to be doing something amazingly better than the others in that price range to attract buyers I would think. IMO Vortex's allure has always been a "perceived" high quality, competing with the big boys at a greatly reduced price.
Yup

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Wow! That puts her over NF and in the same price range and Swarovski and S&B. I hope it's that good!

bradb

WKR
Ya I think they listed MAP at $2499. Like I said I only got to look at it in doors and looking into the dark of morning. I asked someone there how he thought the optics were compared to the Gen 2 and he said he feels the best yet. We will see

Jon Boy

WKR
Anybody else see there coming out with a Razor LH? 3-15x42 one inch tube weighing 16 oz. MSRP is 1100 but I see optics planet has it listed at 900.

bradb

WKR
They are all on the there web site. For someone that does not want or need turrets the LH seemed very nice.......again VERY limited looking