New Kuiu Camo Pattern?

Do you mean fat men?

No. I’m 5’10” tall 205 lbs and have a 30” waist. I tried a 34 and they were still quad hugging. Even my wife laughed as soon as she saw me try them on. The fit is not “athletic” as they claim. I might join the ship for the hip vents if there was a “relaxed/comfort” fit for most normal people. Kuiu isn’t the only brand that fits their pants like as Sitka has the same fit.

camo patterns are cool, for sure and effective. But, buying solid clothes makes them more diverse and can be worn year round - not just hunting. Although many people now wear camo everywhere. But, I'm starting to lean toward buying solids in Sitka/FL/Kaiu so i can get more utilization out of them

camo patterns are cool, for sure and effective. But, buying solid clothes makes them more diverse and can be worn year round - not just hunting. Although many people now wear camo everywhere. But, I'm starting to lean toward buying solids in Sitka/FL/Kaiu so i can get more utilization out of them
I've always been hesitant to wear my hunting stuff for day-to-day stuff because of scent building up over time but more and more I'm learning that it isn't that big of a factor.

Did anybody else see the announcement that something new is coming from Kuiu on May 19th? It looks like it'll be a new camo pattern.

The 30 sec video showed a skree slide and then outlines someone wearing Vias, then some timber with a guy wearing Verde, then it shows a yellowish, grassy field and didn't outline anyone.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Here is the video for those who haven't seen it

Looks pretty sweet.

I’ve been over kuiu form awhile now, I won’t get sucked in with new fangled fuckery.
You don't wear their rain gear? What do you wear for the wet?

I figured most people that hunt wet brush choked country would appreciate their rain gear, that is where they lead the industry imo. For the money, it is the best option for lasting in the brush.

I plan on buying swazi next, but if the camo companies, kuiu makes the best rain gear. I like their merino too, but the rest is whatever.

Their pants fit me well, I'm tall and skinny, but I just don't like the layout of their pants. I like first lite better

No. I’m 5’10” tall 205 lbs and have a 30” waist. I tried a 34 and they were still quad hugging. Even my wife laughed as soon as she saw me try them on. The fit is not “athletic” as they claim. I might join the ship for the hip vents if there was a “relaxed/comfort” fit for most normal people. Kuiu isn’t the only brand that fits their pants like as Sitka has the same fit.

Agree. We are built about the same, I'm a little taller. Have had the exact same experience with Kuiu, Sitka, and Kryptek. Their definition of athletic is a marathon runner.

You don't wear their rain gear? What do you wear for the wet?

I figured most people that hunt wet brush choked country would appreciate their rain gear, that is where they lead the industry imo. For the money, it is the best option for lasting in the brush.

I plan on buying swazi next, but if the camo companies, kuiu makes the best rain gear. I like their merino too, but the rest is whatever.

Their pants fit me well, I'm tall and skinny, but I just don't like the layout of their pants. I like first lite better

I have the stone glacier rain gear right now, when I’m out moose hunting and stuff I usually wear some grundens.

Donnie Vincent has worn Sitka and Kuiu in his films, now he's taking the whole "Flannel and Jeans" approach with Fjallraven. kinda like Carhartt's younger, brother who does Crossfit and steroids. Check em out, 25% off right now...

Last edited:
Donnie Vincent has worn Sitka and Kuiu in his films, nows he's taking the whole "Flannel and Jeans" approach with Fjallraven. kinda like Carhartt's younger, brother who does Crossfit and steroids. Check em out, 25% off right now...

Lol great description!

If this keeps up, high gloss blued rifles with walnut stocks are going to be cool again!

I heard they are coming out with a system that makes you invisible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donnie Vincent has worn Sitka and Kuiu in his films, now he's taking the whole "Flannel and Jeans" approach with Fjallraven. kinda like Carhartt's younger, brother who does Crossfit and steroids. Check em out, 25% off right now...

Tried a pair last fall, great pants.

Tried a pair last fall, great pants.

I'd like to try the Keb Trousers with the side vents (side vents get me every time) and the G1000 fabric with stretch. I just purchased a pair of Beyond Clothing pants (Element pants) to put them through the paces. They have a similar vibe as Fjallraven but tend to be a little more "low vis" earth tones and very current or innovative fabric/insulations, and designs/fits. I tried the Stone Glacier pants with the velcro waist that expands for a custom fit and it's going to be hard to go back to a standard button up pant.

Back