New Kuiu 5200 Icon pro

dunner543

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed, maybe they're fixing it and that's why they are putting the current models on sale! Weird that they did it on the 3200 but not on the bigger bags.

Iron Mike

FNG
280twoeighty
I own two, the 3200 and the 7200. Well technically my wife owns the 3200 but I got it for her in one of their camo patterns and she does not hunt! A little background - We both backpack during the summer and when it comes to hunting, I strictly wilderness hunt with a bow for Elk and rifle or bow for deer. Been chasing Elk with a bow for close to 30 years with the last 5 being with a pack on my back in the wilderness. The backpacking during the summer keeps this old man (57) in shape for the hunt. My wife and I put in close to 150 miles this past summer with both packs. Wifes averaged about 25 - 30 lbs and mine about 45 lbs. I solo hunted The Eagle Caps in Oregon for the first 5 days of the Elk Season this year then hunted with a friend the last 10 days in the same area (packed in about 5 miles then hunted from there. I put on about 35 miles on the first hunt and 110 on the second. My friend and I both killed Bulls which we packed out on our backs. He used my Wifes Icon Pro. I also helped two other friends pack out elk but only a couple of miles. The loads were around 65 to 70 Lbs with the heavy load with head around 100 - I am a crappy caper and tend to take out more then I need! The packs so far have preformed flawlessly. Extremely comfortable under load. I also packed out a deer with it this year but not far. I guess time will tell if I have a frame failure but so far I am very pleased. I will echo the zipper situation - not sure why they didnt do it as I noticed the first time I packed it. It can be a little annoying but I now have the way I fill my pack down and keep the stuff I normally do not use much on one side and keep both zippers together on the other for easy reach to items I may need. I do know there were some big issues with their early packs.

sojourner

Lil-Rokslider
It does make more sense on the 3200 because it doesn't have another access to the top of the bag. Yeah 4 zipper pulls would be more versatile, but for most situations it seems like having access to the bottom on both sides as well as through the top would be enough- especially with the exterior pockets for smaller stuff that you need quick access to.

Pmn86

FNG
Bag came in today. Initial impressions are good. I like the pockets, the layout, the horseshoe zipper alternative to top loading only. Belt and shoulder padding is good, load lifters work. Stitching and everything is perfect.

I definitely see what you guys are talking about now with the horseshoe zipper and both zippers being on the end.

Other than that it seems well thought out. I'd say for the price at 30% off, its a sweet pack. Need more time with it under load.

I'm curious if anybody has had first hand experience with a 2015 frame off the icon pros failing.