New kryptek down puffy, aquillo

Brado16

WKR
Thanks for the input all- I found a good deal on the FL Puffy and decided to go with it since I have only heard good thinks about it, looking forward to using it in CO in a week.

aquillo seems like good kit. only 7 days of use so far but it felt like a heater under my head used as a pillow at nite in freezing temps last month up high. used it glassing etc as well. wore it under my poseiden coat last week and was good while stopped but too hot when moving, apprx 46*. it could have more loft but somehow is pretty warm. the pockets are great with nice zippers, bonus it has an internal pocket. the hood is a nice hood as well. i am 5'8'' 160, the medium fits perfect, great sleeve length the large was huge on me. it is a layer for me not a over coat so i kept the medium. it has sheen to it in the sun if that is of interest. it is light and packs small. i will keep it and use it all winter on my ski touring trips as my warmth layer to really get a good idea on its usage detail. good luck with your decision.

so, i heard back on my wieght discrepancy and figured id post the response.
"Scott,
It looks like you were one of the lucky ones who received .14lbs (2.24 oz) of extra insulation (fill) in your jacket. We are in the process reviewing some random large jackets to determine if weights do in fact vary. We do not state what size exactly the .77lbs refers to but we will be clarifying the current numbers and sizes & what they correlate to asap. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. "

so, i guess if weight is going to be over advertised, fill is likely the best place. mine is 14.5oz on my scale.
moving on, got a little field time in the jacket now, and im really liking it. temps were around 36-37 and blowing hard. it was very comfortable. i like the cut alot. much better for my body type than some of my other puffys. the hood is a little long in front if not worn with a brimmed hat.