new Kifaru frame to MR Marshal pack???

S.Tx

FNG
Does anyone know if a Mystery Ranch Marshal pack could be used on a new Kifaru ultralight duplex frame?

dotman

WKR
I'm guessing yes but don't know for sure. Myself and a few other have mounted the Longbow to Kifaru frames. You may have to cut a slit it it if it has a sleeve like the Longbow.

OP
S

S.Tx

FNG
Why is my question!?!

NICE frame belt tends to slip down a little with 70lbs+( not much of a butt to stop it), so i end up with weight on my shoulders to compensate.
I wear size 34 jeans, and pack belt is a Medium, cinched down all the way. Maybe i should try a Small?

Tried my cousins Kifaru Bikini frame and liked the thinner belt; seemed to have more surface area to grab with. The new Kifaru Duplex ultralight sounds tempting, but already have MR Marshal and Metcalf bags.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
S.tx You have probably seen a few of my post where I am cross connecting different pack manufacturers Bags to the Kifaru Tactical and ultralight frame.
Already show the Kuiu 3200 works great. Now I have Kifaru Ultralight frame and a 2015 Exo 3500 bag. That is my next post coming up in a few days as soon as I get a few straps and parts to finish it off. Best way to check is to get the frame from Kifaru because its the latest and greatest thing since sliced bread and try out your Marshal bag on it. If it doesnt work, then no harm no foul. Sell your MR Nice Frame pick up a bag that has shown to hook up.
Im not partial to any particular bag out there yet but by doing what Im doing Im looking at creating the perfect pack for my needs in the process, answering everyones question of will it work. I must say it is fun stuff seeing what works and what doesnt.

Anyways hit me up if you want to chat some more. I have both tactical and ultralight frame here from Kifaru. Can take some measurements to see if things add up on paper then you can make an educated decision on weather or not its worth making the jump to the next step.

Cheers!

S.tx, oneiros valley makes a mean pad as well as power pulls that attach to the nice frame. I had similar issues with my mr and both of those accessories solved the majority of discomfort. It's worth a shot for $40 or so if you're strapped for cash. That being said, one day when I have money I'd like to try out the new hunting duplex just to see if it fits me better so if you're in that boat I'd give it a shot because you'll easily sell the frame for what it cost you minus shipping if it doesn't work. Or pick up a kifaru bag that works for you and sell your mr. Good luck and please keep us posted on how it works out.

I had a gen 2 duplex and a metcalf gen 2 and they paired easily. I think the marshall is similar in function. The sleeve for the NICE frame and the sleeve for the kifaru frames are very similar in size, with the main difference being you will have to cut slites for the load lifer attachments in the NICE bags. You can even utilize the load shelf on the metcalf or marshall by attaching a couple slotted female buckles to the tab loops on the kifaru frame, they line up almost perfectly.

By the way I was in your same boat with a 34 waist. Go with the small waist belt its a lot better than bottoming out the medium. The MEAN pad is a good addition, but the hipbelt pulls are also a good addition but not necessary. You can achieve the same forward pull by routing the running end of the webbing through the trislide sewn the the hipbelt. It works well for tightening but can be a pain when loosening.

Gumbo

WKR
I have a 34 inch waist and have a Crew Cab with NICE frame with medium yolk and small waist. It fits perfectly on my hips under any load without slipping, although the lack of load lifters makes it a bit heavy on the shoulders with very heavy loads of meat in it. I had an elk hind quarter and front quarter earlier this season and that was brutal, but I think any pack would be with that size load. Yesterday I had an elk hind quarter, straps, and loins and that was also brutal, but very doable. I think I will have to bite the bullet and put the load lifters on...

OP
S

S.Tx

FNG
S.tx, oneiros valley makes a mean pad as well as power pulls that attach to the nice frame. I had similar issues with my mr and both of those accessories solved the majority of discomfort. It's worth a shot for $40 or so if you're strapped for cash. That being said, one day when I have money I'd like to try out the new hunting duplex just to see if it fits me better so if you're in that boat I'd give it a shot because you'll easily sell the frame for what it cost you minus shipping if it doesn't work. Or pick up a kifaru bag that works for you and sell your mr. Good luck and please keep us posted on how it works out.

I have the Oneiros Valley power pulls and mean pad; they really helped alot. I also bought the load lifter lift kit from MR; they really help with heavier loads. Sounds like i'm in between waist belt sizes and should probably try a small.

I just keep hearing so many good things about Kifaru frames that im getting the itch to buy one!

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I have the Oneiros Valley power pulls and mean pad; they really helped alot. I also bought the load lifter lift kit from MR; they really help with heavier loads. Sounds like i'm in between waist belt sizes and should probably try a small.

I just keep hearing so many good things about Kifaru frames that im getting the itch to buy one!

DO IT!!! seriously Ive never had a frame fit me so well and Im not an easy guy to please.

Ozzymodel70

Lil-Rokslider
size 34 jeans loosely fit me and was recommended by MR to run a small waist belt on my Gen1 metcalf and I love how It rides. However iv'e heard the Kifaru waist belts are the Cats meow!

DaveS

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 34" waist (or at one time I did) and I needed a small belt for my NICE frame to keep it from slipping with heavy loads. With that said I prefer the Kifaru frame to the NICE frame. The Kifaru suspension is significantly more comfortable to me than the Nice suspension as well as being a lot lighter in weight.