New Jetboil Fuel

I recently started using a Jetboil PCS. Does the new Jetfoil fuel blend perform well at high altitudes? How many boils should I expect to get out a 3.5oz container? These questions are not address in the product description. Hitting some alpine lakes for weeks at a time and am unsure how many canisters I will likely need.

For maximum efficiency and minimum consumption, use the Jetboil Jetpower high-performance propane/isobutane four-season blend. Propane provides higher vapor pressure for better performance in cold weather while Isobutane provides more constant pressure as the fuel level gets low. The 3.5 oz/100g fuel canister will pack inside of any model Personal Cooking System and the 8.1 oz/230g canister will pack inside of the Sumo Companion cups and the Sumo systems.

• Propane/isobutane four-season blend
• 3.5 oz/100g fuel canister will pack inside of any model Personal Cooking System
• 8.1 oz/230g canister will pack inside of the Sumo Companion cups and the Sumo systems
• Sold as a pack of 6 cannisters
• Hazmat shipping surcharge applies
• Expedited shipping not available due to size or HazMat
• This item is a Hazardous shipment and will require signature on delivery

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
Okay, this is interesting. I finally got a reply from Jetboil and this is the scoop:

Our 100G fuel canister provides ten 1 liter boils per canister (40 cups) or 60 minutes of continuous running and goes up with the amount of boils with the 230G (23 liters or 92 cups) and the 450G fuel canisters.

As far as the fuel, the output pressure in any canister stove is governed by the temperature of the gas inside the canister. As temperature drops, so does pressure. When temperatures drop below freezing, canisters typically need to be kept warm in a coat pocket or sleeping bag so they’re ready to use. Insulating the canister by not setting it on a cold surface also helps. We have had mountaineers use Jetboil stoves up to 8,000 m (26,000 ft.) on Mt. Everest and love them. The pressure in the canister is proportional to temperature and as the canister gets colder, the pressure drops and therefore the heat output from the burner drops. However, by keeping the canister warm before use, it is possible to use the stove with reasonable performance even when the ambient temperatures are at and below 0 Fahrenheit. Placing the canister on or in a small piece of foam to keep it insulated from snow will also help. Altitude in itself is not so much of a problem: the pressure difference between the canister and the environment is also greater for any given temperature, so the effective gas flow rate is higher even when the canister is cold. The reduced oxygen causes the burner to burn richer, which is also helpful in the cold. Finally we do suggest that you always carry matches, in case the piezoelectric igniter fails.