New Iron Will Vanes??

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
Heard on Phelps podcast the Iron Will is coming out with some new vanes that stabilize as well as the hybrid hunters but are quieter than the max stealths. After listening to the podcast, I am not as convinced as I used to be that vane noise plays a huge role, however I will always think that less noise >>> more noise. Anyone got any insider info on exact release date, or better yet some details on what they will look like?

Hnthrdr

WKR
They are just an aae vane with an iron will logo if I’m not mistaken, iron will paid for a big vane test by physics nerds at cu boulder. There is the conclusions posted somewhere on this site. Basically a higher shorter vane will help steer fixed blades better. Seemed like solid scientific work done by IW

OP
bergie

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
They are just an aae vane with an iron will logo if I’m not mistaken, iron will paid for a big vane test by physics nerds at cu boulder. There is the conclusions posted somewhere on this site. Basically a higher shorter vane will help steer fixed blades better. Seemed like solid scientific work done by IW
That is the hybrid hunter, they are coming out with a new one, supposed to be released in August.

Hopefully the material is less flexile on the new ones. I stopped using the hybrid hunter for two reasons. 1. fletch tight wouldn't stick to them. 2. They get easily deformed when in use

Zac

WKR
I had a horrible time trying to get that hybrid material to stick🤷‍♂️.

I got a bag of the IW hybrid hunter AAE vanes and I think they are great. It’s a different material than the regular Max hunter, which never came in an hybrid, and is a bit stiffer, quieter and a little bit lighter. These are a new vane designed by IW, thus never produced by AAE in the prior offerings to the public. I’ve been using the Q2i Steel Bond glue but I think any cyanoacrylate glue works fine, no primer pen needed. They stick to my platinum pierce arrows like concrete. Steer my IW heads perfectly in tune with my FPs.

crich

WKR
Just fletched some of their originals to try and Gorilla super glue holds fine on RIP TKO shafts. That said these vanes definitely hiss more than my Q2i 4 fletch setup.