New guy,

My names Seth, I've been a member for a little bit now but have just been quietly reading. I live in shasta county ca. Redding to be exact. I started packing in for my hunts season before last and was instantly hooked. This forum and the general Rokslide site have taught me a lot. I figured it was due time to introduce myself and to thank everyone for the wealth of knowledge available here.

CaseyU

WKR
Hey guy your just down he road from me. I live in susanville. I wish i had your weather up here. At last for a couple day break Haha.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Seth. I have pounded your wilderness areas up there for the last 20 years. And also your Redding Archery Range. It is a great site and happy to have you participating.

Craig4791

WKR
Welcome Seth! Seems like we're getting a good sized group of California guys here. Right on!

OP
S
Thanks very much for all of the warm welcomes guys! Casey, yeah It's been really nice down here the last couple weeks, I wish I had your deer though. It's really nice to see all the northern Cali people on here. Somehow after two years after shooting my bow literally almost every single day, I still haven't been to the outdoor range, I've got a spot just outside city limits that I set up a target at when I want to stretch my distance more than possible in my bak yard, I feel ashamed for never being to the range though since it's less than five minutes from my front door.

gulicemo

Banned
Instead of introducing myself elsewhere, I'll just dog pile on here. Another N. CA guy... Chico to be exact. Long time hunter, but last year was my first year deer hunting. Hunted only out of a backpack in wilderness areas. Didn't score in archery season, but shot a buck opening day of rifle. I've always been into back packing, so wilderness deer hunting was a natural fit for me. Now that duck season is over, it's time to get ready for deer season. I've learned a ton from this site and plan to continue learning!

OP
S
Welcome! The people on here are really knowledgeable. It's also cool to see another nor cal guy. There seems to be a lot of us on here.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
welcome to you N. Cali guys.

As an outfitter, I learned just how many hunters are in California. Every year we get some of our best hunters from there, always serious, usually pretty fit guys.

J

jballa34

I don't think I ever posted an intro either and since I'm fairly fresh to the site; I grew up in southcentral alaska and just recently relocated to northern california (parents choice, not mine). I currently go to school in Yreka, California which is just a few miles north of most of you fellas in redding. I'm 3 semesters out from graduating with my RN license, and plan on moving back up to the great state the next day. I've been hunting as long as I can remember, and I'm currently most interested in pursuing the local blacktails around here.