New Guy from PA

Dave_S

FNG
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to hunting, this is only my second season. Really enjoy hunting small game and whitetail. Like everyone else from east of the Mississippi, I want to head west one day, but I'm trying to focus on figuring things out at home first. Other than that, I just bought my first bow recently, so I'm looking forward to feeding that new addiction going into the new year. Looking forward to continuing to learn from you all.

Cheers,
Dave

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Yoder

WKR
Welcome. I live in North East PA. I mostly just hunt Whitetails on public land. Everyone has advice for new hunters. I figure I can't give you any better advice than to check out a couple people I consider experts. For deer hunting Dan Infalt's The Hunting Beast is outstanding. I started following him about three years ago and using some of his advice I've seen more deer than ever. I've even had consistent encounters with some mature bucks which never happened before. He has a great Youtube channel and forum. The other is Nockon Archery. There is a lot of great instructional information about shooting and tuning all your gear. What part of PA are you located?

Welcome, fellow PA hunter. If you haven’t filled your tags, you have 3 weeks of flintlock and late bow coming your way here, right after Christmas. Time to fling some carbon!

OP
D

Dave_S

FNG
Welcome. I live in North East PA. I mostly just hunt Whitetails on public land. Everyone has advice for new hunters. I figure I can't give you any better advice than to check out a couple people I consider experts. For deer hunting Dan Infalt's The Hunting Beast is outstanding. I started following him about three years ago and using some of his advice I've seen more deer than ever. I've even had consistent encounters with some mature bucks which never happened before. He has a great Youtube channel and forum. The other is Nockon Archery. There is a lot of great instructional information about shooting and tuning all your gear. What part of PA are you located?
I have been watching quite a bit of Dudley's stuff, I'll definitely check out The Hunting Beast. I'm other end of the state from you, south of Pittsburgh.

Jbxl20

WKR
I ended up buying a Bowtech cp28. I don't have anything to base my opinion off of, but I've been very happy with it so far.
Nice. I have a vxr28. I like the shorter ATA bows for hunting.

RS3579

WKR
Welcome. You have about a month of flintlock,archery, and special regulations in 2B Good luck.

Yoder

WKR
I have been watching quite a bit of Dudley's stuff, I'll definitely check out The Hunting Beast. I'm other end of the state from you, south of Pittsburgh.
Check out the Total Archery Challenge next year. It's out by you in Seven Springs. I went this year and it was pretty cool. I was proud that I only lost three arrows.

Jbxl20

WKR
Check out the Total Archery Challenge next year. It's out by you in Seven Springs. I went this year and it was pretty cool. I was proud that I only lost three arrows.
I’ve attended the last two years and plan on attending again next year. Lots of fun!!

echeck

FNG
H
hey Dave! I grew up south of Pittsburgh but relocated to Fairbanks alaska!

OP
D

Dave_S

FNG
I’ve attended the last two years and plan on attending again next year. L

Just googled this. Added to my calendar, it looks like a blast.