New gear or more hunting trips?

TEmbry

WKR
I'm the opposite of TEmbry , I can take all the time off I can pay for. Once I have serviceable gear the hunting comes first. I'm saving for four weeks this fall and if business gets better I'll try to add three more and another state. Seven weeks would be awsome ! :)

Not too opposing of an approach actually. Ill be hunting 5 species in 3 states over a 7 week continuous block this fall. Saved for it for a while. Ill get 4-6 weeks a year for hunting vacation but since I only do DIY hunts you just honestly don't need that much money to pull that off. That's why I'll be able to buy gear the other 9 months of the year, within reason.

OP
H

Hawker

Lil-Rokslider
Looks pretty one sided. GO HUNTING!
My gear is all good working gear and will get me by for a few more years. Maybe I'll just buy some better clothes and call it good.
I talked to the wife and it looks like the moose hunt is a go. YES!
Thanks for all the input.
Luke

Huntr

Lil-Rokslider
Always choose hunting , I know guys that have more gear, guns, bows etc. that gripe every year about not being able to hunt cause they can't afford. I just shake my head and go hunting.

Definitely hunting!!! I bought a $3 pair of wool pants at an Army/Navy store when I first started hunting because I had nothing to wear and they held up really well and I had a great hunt. Get what you can and then go enjoy a hunt!