New day pack Mystery ranch sawtooth or pintler

In the market for a day pack, I currently own a mystery ranch bear tooth 80 but it is just too much bag for a day trip chasing elk, I really want the same frame but a smaller bag, I’m considering the sawtooth 45 and the pintler, in the end is that still too much bag without camping gear to take up space? I also have an eberlestock team elk bag that works as a day pack but the frame I find to be uncomfortable. I wouldn’t mind having the option to pack for a night if need be, I must also note I’m not a huge fan of the y -zip on the pintler! Thank you

handwerk

WKR
Although my main pack is a SG 5900, for your use I've often used the MR Sawtooth 45 and have been pretty happy with it. Just enough space and it has handled many deer and one bull elk pack out pretty well.

OP
Jordan5452
Although my main pack is a SG 5900, for your use I've often used the MR Sawtooth 45 and have been pretty happy with it. Just enough space and it has handled many deer and one bull elk pack out pretty well.
So I’m assuming you e used it as a day bag then as well. Is it sloppy?

CA_Gopher

FNG
I’ve got a beartooth 80 and Pintler and have used the Pintler on 3-4 day trips and just day trips. I think it packs down fine and you can compress it nicely. It has a ton of internal pockets and compartments which I like in a day pack. Y-zip isn’t an issue for me but YMMV. Lemme know if you have questions about the Pintler v. Beartooth

Just throwing this out there, you can get a KUIU PRO 4000 LT setup for under $400 with their sales. Even less with an active junky account. It weighs about 4 pounds and packs down small but also big enough for backpacking. I’ve always thought it seems less bulky than Exo and Mystery Ranch packs. Not sure why that is.

I personally prefer it over my EXO for carrying heavy weight though YMMV.