New Cot I tried this fall

primitive, have you looked at the therma-rest luxuryLite cot? After reading some of Larry Bartlets comments on his, I went looking for one and found them at a decent sale price at Sierra Outdoors. They have a way of setting them up with fewer cross pieces at each end that keep the weight below the 2 lbs 12 oz for the regular size. They do keep you close to the ground and make a huge amount of squeeking when getting in and out, but for a back problem they are the bomb.

yes, primitive, as pointed out on the thread and you, there are much lighter cots than this one and like most lightweight gear- about 3x the money. I'd only suggest this cot for road camping, horse camping and at 89 bucks, it's a good value. But not for backpacking.

Robby the cot you demonstrated looks way more comfortable than the helinox or thermal rest ones. The price is right too!

We use a very similar cot from Sportsmans Warehouse that runs about $50. Very worth it when horse packing and easy to pack because they break down to a little smaller than the size of your average folding camp chair.

I've used one of these (may be a different brand) for three years now and it is soooo much better than sleeping on the ground. That said, I've been in a base camp of one form or another. I might pack it in a mile or two, but not much further and not if it was a rough hike in. When I have the chance, I use it, though. I actually bought it so I could have a cot in my 4-man Kifaru. My larger outfitters cot from Cabelas is way too big for the 4-man.

Yes greentimber, for the money, way better than the ground. If I wasn't using horses, I'd probably never backpack it though. There are lighter options for that, but so much more money.

I know I am late to this thread, but I am looking for a possible cot to use in my floorless shelter.
So, What is a good liteweither backpacking cot?
Quiet, easy to set up, approx 3 pounds?
~Wojo

Back