New bow

Rich.maes

FNG
I’m torn down the middle between the Hoyt RX-8 and the Mathews Lift. I’m leaning toward the 30” RX-8 and the 29.5 Lift. I’m a 29” draw. Any thoughts from the people that have either one?

Marble

WKR
I’m torn down the middle between the Hoyt RX-8 and the Mathews Lift. I’m leaning toward the 30” RX-8 and the 29.5 Lift. I’m a 29” draw. Any thoughts from the people that have either one?
I prefer the Hoyt bows and a longer ATA. I have the same draw length as you, and when going from a 34 ATA to something around 30, it's uncomfortable. Just my opinion.

I would go and shoot a few different bows and see what you like better. That's the best way in my experience. Take your time and shoot a few different sessions.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

My brother and his friend both have the RX8 and are experienced bow hunters. During the hunt last year my brother didn't like the shot he had on the elk and let down his bow and he probably torqued it slightly and the string rolled off the cam. His best friend had the same issue same bow. Not sure if the cams have shallow grooves or not but my brother and his friend aren't newbs by any means.

Last edited:

Dennis

WKR
I have Mathew’s Lift 33 that has been very forgiving and easy to shoot well. Shooting 29” draw at 65 lbs. One thing I like with Mathew’s bows are their bow stands for my style of hunting. I haven’t shot any of the newer Hoyt bows so I can’t help much in comparison. Good luck!

ibefshn

FNG
I shoot 29.5” draw and the Lift! I would go with the 33” ATA bow. I’ve had no problems.

JK47

FNG
I have the Hoyt Alpha X 30. Was shooting 29” draw, but with Hoyt’s new cams, I went to 29 1/4”. Much more comfortable.

Personally, I like short bows for my style of hunting.

I’m also 29” draw and went with the lift 29.5. I shot the 33 as well but I did not like that. As soon as I shot the 29.5 I knew it was the one. No experience with Hoyt tho

kcm2

WKR
At that level, both are excellent bows. The sole question is what you prefer.

180ls1

WKR
I prefer the Hoyt bows and a longer ATA. I have the same draw length as you, and when going from a 34 ATA to something around 30, it's uncomfortable. Just my opinion.

I would go and shoot a few different bows and see what you like better. That's the best way in my experience. Take your time and shoot a few different sessions.

This.

Try the longer versions.

Zac

WKR
You would probably be happy with either. They are both binary cams that use shims. Only deal breaker for a lot of people is the Mathews grip. It can sort of be remedied with after market stuff. Also there's the module situation. Some people like optimizing their draw length with the draw specific mods, and others hate it. I would say if you like to play with different draw lengths then that may favor the Hoyt. Hoyt is supposed to be faster as well. Last thing I'll say is Mathews probably has better nock travel, so you can get away with lighter spines if that matters to you.

Both are excellent bows. My son bought an RX8 over the weekend and it is an excellent shooter. I agree with other though you should shoot multiple bows see what you like and what feels right.

khunter

Lil-Rokslider

100% in my experience as well. Including the longer ATA and the hoyt part :)

wyodog

Lil-Rokslider
I have a new Mathews Lift on the way. I won it in a raffle at the RMEF banquette. I realize this isn't an answer to the original question, but I feel the need to boast about my good fortune.

• Haha
Reactions: Zac

texasbbq

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the RX8 Ultra vs the Lift 33 only because the draw cycle seemed smoother to me but always has from Hoyt. The Lift was very nice but a different feel altogether in my opinion. Go shoot both and more if you can. Let the bow find you.
I'm 30" draw btw.

Zac

WKR
I’m in the same boat except I’m a lefty patiently waiting for a lh life 33 to show up to shoot
You should probably just order one. It wont be here until next year if you wait any longer.