New boots for Eastern Wyoming Mule Deer Hunt

deezs

FNG
As the title states, I am looking for a pair of boots for a 2023 eastern Wyoming mule deer hunt. Besides being used for that hunt, I will be using them at home, in SW Wisconsin, for turkey hunting, shed hunting, moral hunting and whatever else I do. I have been reading other threads on this issue and am beginning to learn some of the boot terminology that is used, but am far from 100% understanding it. I do suffer from foot neuropathy, so my feet are always sore to some degree, I am working with my doctor to try medications that might help, but I need a boot with adequate ankle support, and on the softer side, but not to soft, regular tennis shoes do not do well for my feet. I am thinking something with a flex rating of 2, or 3 at the most. I also prefer aggressive tread. Right now I am looking at Meindl Comfort Fit Hiker (I have a pair of Meindl Cascade steel toes), Kenetrek Corrie II and Crispi Crossover Pro Light GTX.

Would any of these be a good fit for me, or should I be looking in a different direction?

4rcgoat

WKR
Been running the crossovers for 3 years now,been an awesome boot. Will order a new pair this year.

OP
D

deezs

FNG
When answering could you please explain why you make a recommendation, I would like to learn about the aspects of why people chose what they chose

4rcgoat

WKR
When answering could you please explain why you make a recommendation, I would like to learn about the aspects of why people chose what they chose
I was looking for a light weight hiker to use during archery season to replace my noisy and leaky Salomon boots. They have been very durable and extremely comfortable.

2-Stix

WKR
Salomon Quest 4d are a flex 1.5 I would say, not bad at anything a very easy to fit everyone and not really stellar in anything...I have ran them for 15 years backpacking and hiking, Crisipi Attitude, Crispi Nevadas (I have, warn, 3 stiff, very durable) or Crispi Lapponia (I have, 2 stiff, light, early season). Order a bunch, try them, send back what you don't like.

SD_hunter

FNG
I love my Crispis. Everyone's feet are different. Try to get to a store that carries several brands & try on as many pairs as you can and pick the pair that feels/fits the best.

I hunted eastern Wyoming in 2021. The Meindl Comfort Fit Hikers are what I had. They did great but I must tell you that I have been wearing this boot for 18 years. If I’m not in the office I have them on. i have four pairs. One for dress, one for hunting, one for outdoor work and one for the nastiest jobs. I have replaced the insoles in the two oldest pairs. They just fit my feet. No leaks in any of them.

OP
D

deezs

FNG
I ended up going with the comfort fit hikers, wore them for spring turkey and around the house for break in this spring and summer. I have foot neuropathy, and these are by far the best feeling foot ware I have. I have some Miendl work boots that are good, but the comfort fit is definitely a step up in comfort