New ATF rule for firearm sales

JMonty

FNG
I love the vagaries of this stupid law.

And here is a real humdinger…

View attachment 699340

That’s right, boys and girls, when you knowingly sell a gun for illegal drugs, always make sure you have a license.
Even if this was part of the law, things like this serve a purpose when it comes to a judges/juries ability to adjudicate sentencing. For example, if someone was charged with a series of crimes and they didn't have enough evidence to make the drug charge didn't stick, but selling the firearm without a license did, it would give them the leeway to still sentence them if found guilty.

I love the vagaries of this stupid law.

And here is a real humdinger…

View attachment 699340

That’s right, boys and girls, when you knowingly sell a gun for illegal drugs, always make sure you have a license.
“Illegal acts for firearms” means no more handies at the local truck stop for Hi-Point pistols and Ruger 10/22s. No way I’m putting in for a license, there goes my side gig…

Bluefish

WKR
Reading the faq it really doesn’t sound like anything changed. Tried the read the rule, but it sounded like it was written by AI. Lots of words, but no real specifics.

sounds like you can still occasionally get a table at a gun show and sell without a license or background check provided you don’t do it for profit or on a regular basis. Same with classifieds, occasional sales and no motive for profit is no license required.