New Arrow Build for 2022 *Update

Out of curiosity, I weighted up a GrizzlyStik 240 to 703 gr and grabbed my chrono when I went out to shoot at lunch. Hoyt Helix set at 29", DW measuring 69.7# on my LCA scale. Chrono read 236, 237, 236 fps on consecutive shots.
View attachment 382183View attachment 382184

I thought of doing the same thing, but it's nasty out, and I got more productive things to do.

Like read a forum and post things instead of go out in the cold and wind.

OP
D
Out of curiosity, I weighted up a GrizzlyStik 240 to 703 gr and grabbed my chrono when I went out to shoot at lunch. Hoyt Helix set at 29", DW measuring 69.7# on my LCA scale. Chrono read 236, 237, 236 fps on consecutive shots.

Nice.. A little data match up there

Also i just updated my original post. I may have figured out what I need for the 2022 season, now I just need practice

VLDAVE

FNG
In regarding to high FOC having a negative effect plays in part of stability of the shaft. If your shaft is not rigid on impact all that "tip weight" transfers essentially into the shaft that misbehaves like a pool noodle. This is why a .166 shaft can become a negative in some cases where shooters have a bad experience on game running high FOC on .166 shaft.. The large dia shaft can have more structural integrity not only on impact, but on recovery from the launch. It recommend to listen to the other podcast to grasp some of it as a whole.

The Concept System while it can have benefits to have better overall dynamics with lesser FOC it can also maximize the use of higher FOC.. If building with concept tube and SS double shoulder insert there is a 150gn up front not counting shaft weight or point , and it's through the front several inches of the shaft which makes the shaft more stable.

Rod White Olympic Archer did testing on an arrow he built called the "boom stick" the arrow was based on a BE Rampage Shaft with Concept system and aero vanes. He shot it against all other arrows of the same weight, leaving the bow at the same speed and the result was the Boom stick yelled over 25fps down range at 50yrds ,, where it is needed vs the archery industries highly advertised "launch speed" sales pitch.

In my testing of POI ( Point of impact ), not in terms of accuracy to hit bullseye

The factory Zombie slayer arrow and 1.0 Concept system were of the same approx weight and shot the same zero at 25 yrds holding the same cross hair. The 2.0 Concept system arrow being heavier by 25gn shot a lower POI at 25 yards by about 2 inches.

At 50 yrds the 1.0 yielded approx 1 ft higher POI,, the 2.0 came up approx 6 inches higher POI making up another 2 from the lower POI zero in.

At 120 yrds the 2.0 Concept build came in at approx 24 higher POI than the factory,, the 1.0 went completely above off target so adjustment had to be made to make sure both arrows were on the 48 inch target.

Attachments

• Firenock+Brass+concept.jpg
    Firenock+Brass+concept.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7102.jpeg
    IMG_7102.jpeg
    557.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7107.jpeg
    IMG_7107.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 24
Rod White Olympic Archer did testing on an arrow he built called the "boom stick" the arrow was based on a BE Rampage Shaft with Concept system and aero vanes. He shot it against all other arrows of the same weight, leaving the bow at the same speed and the result was the Boom stick yelled over 25fps down range at 50yrds ,, where it is needed vs the archery industries highly advertised "launch speed" sales pitch.

In my testing of POI ( Point of impact ), not in terms of accuracy to hit bullseye

The factory Zombie slayer arrow and 1.0 Concept system were of the same approx weight and shot the same zero at 25 yrds holding the same cross hair. The 2.0 Concept system arrow being heavier by 25gn shot a lower POI at 25 yards by about 2 inches.

At 50 yrds the 1.0 yielded approx 1 ft higher POI,, the 2.0 came up approx 6 inches higher POI making up another 2 from the lower POI zero in.

At 120 yrds the 2.0 Concept build came in at approx 24 higher POI than the factory,, the 1.0 went completely above off target so adjustment had to be made to make sure both arrows were on the 48 inch target.
What bow(s) were used in this testing?

Well, if it's an Olympic archer, I'd guess recurve with ILF limbs.....

I'm struggling to see 25 grains costing 2" @ 25 yards. I played with 30 grain difference at 40 yards and it was about 3/4" 300gr versus 330 gr moving 305.5 versus 295 ish

But I do know there's a lot to be said for vane/feather configuration at distance and retaining energy.

OutdoorAg

WKR
In regarding to high FOC having a negative effect plays in part of stability of the shaft. If your shaft is not rigid on impact all that "tip weight" transfers essentially into the shaft that misbehaves like a pool noodle. This is why a .166 shaft can become a negative in some cases where shooters have a bad experience on game running high FOC on .166 shaft.. The large dia shaft can have more structural integrity not only on impact, but on recovery from the launch. It recommend to listen to the other podcast to grasp some of it as a whole.

The Concept System while it can have benefits to have better overall dynamics with lesser FOC it can also maximize the use of higher FOC.. If building with concept tube and SS double shoulder insert there is a 150gn up front not counting shaft weight or point , and it's through the front several inches of the shaft which makes the shaft more stable.

What target is that? I like.

VLDAVE

FNG

That I am not sure off,, It's a compound for sure.. If you go to his "Infinnty Archery fb page he has a high speed video of the arrow shooting.

"BoomStix Unlieashed! See us at the Infinite Archery Booth and ...
SNEAK PEAK!! The Rod White Signature Arrows are unleashed! Catch them at their debut at the 2016 Iowa Deer Classic in Des Moines this weekend. Appropriately named BOOMSTIX, these arrows boast downrange speeds in excess of up to 28fps faster than any other arrow at a distance of 50yards...when compared to any other arrow of the same weight and size, even though all tested arrows leave the bow at the exact same time!! Covered under 3 US patents and developed in conjunction with Black Eagle Arrows and Firenock, these arrows are custom built to specific bows and models to reach unprecedented speeds at longer distances."

Comments in tread

Paul Sapiro
What makes them faster downrange?

Infinite Archery
It's the "frequency" of the arrow and the flight pattern. The flex is moved toward the back of the shaft so the arrow behaves more like a fish in a stream rather than a typical bend that you see in a conventional arrow. More energy being directly driven behind the point and less loss of energy out the top and bottom of the flex of the arrow.

Not to totally hijack this thread but, I guess for VLDAVE … I ve listened to Dorge on some of this and it seems like I hear him say Aeroconcep 1 can stiffen the shaft. If I want to try this system and shoot 66 where a 340 spine with average weight up front (150g total) is just right, or loading a little more FOC pushes me to a 300 . How do I account for the system ? Add the CTI tube weight and go up to .300 spine or assume it will cause some stiffening effect and stay at 340? Id rather be on the stiff side for fixed blades but not out of whack- thanks for any input
365 archery targets