New Archery release

im in the market for a new release and i think ive narrowed it down to either the carter like mike or spot hogg wise guy does anyone have any advice or other products i should check or does anyone have any experience with these releases

ckleeves

WKR
I have had both and prefer the wise guy over the like mike. The like mike didn't like getting grit and dust in it crawling while stalking. Also the you can take the trigger down scary light on the wise guy. If the wise guy was a little thinner I would still be using it, I just couldn't get used to how it felt in my hand compared to the thinner scott's and carters I was used to. My wife now uses it and it's her favorite release.

Ozz08

WKR
I've been using the wise guy release for about a year and I love it. The trigger is super crisp I can't feel any travel at all. The adjustability is easy and precise and the release jus feels really comfortable to me.

OR Archer

WKR
I've been using the wise guy release for about a year and I love it. The trigger is super crisp I can't feel any travel at all. The adjustability is easy and precise and the release jus feels really comfortable to me.

my sentiments exactly. it has definitely helped my accuracy as well.

wapitibob

WKR
Cabe grinds their sears (spot hogg), Carter does not on the ones I have seen. The spot hogg is also an over center release so it can be set for less travel. Not something I would necessarily want for hunting but something to consider. I also use Carters but always use one of their dbl sears, which the Like Mike does. I'm not a fan of single sear releases or any wrist strap release for that matter but either one should work well for you.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
If choosing between just those two, I would go with the Wiseguy every time. It may be one of the best wrist strap releases available today.

I am a big fan of Carters. Best releases out there. Very crisp. I really like the Carter Lucky. Had a like mike and lucky. Kept the lucky and sold the like mike.