New aluminum bikini frame

OP
Wileycoyote

Wileycoyote

Lil-Rokslider
The aluminum frame appears to be the same just aluminum instead of composite stays. Here are some pics.

OP
Wileycoyote

Wileycoyote

Lil-Rokslider
I put multicam vet wrap on the top aluminum crossbar to cut down the shine, the horn hunter full curl day pack I've been using doesn't cover the crossbar but that bag attaches quite easily to the frame. I also got the camp bag to fit, but I had to cut holes and reinforce them so the load lifter straps could come through.

OP
Wileycoyote

Wileycoyote

Lil-Rokslider
I'm waiting for the nomad and camp combo, and in the mean time I found this "camp Bag" for 18.99 here locally. It is 3,325 cu in. It has no zipper and the top is in need of a strap and buckle system, so I plan on modifying it to fit after I get the nomad and see the attachment points I need. It has two shoulder straps and is lined on the inside, so it could come in handy for a meat hauler bag to keep blood from getting on everything. If anybody is intersested in thes bags I can let you know where to buy them. They had multicam, acu digital, and one size larger than this one but it was 10,056 cu in. it seemed huge. They also had some other ones that did have a zipper but they were different material not cordura, it was canvas type material in coyote brown and navy blue I think they were $25 to $30 . So with a little bit of sewing I think they should attach to the nomad quite easy.

Last edited:
Thanks Wileycoyote. I was hoping for a close-up of the bare aluminum cross members to see how they attach to the stays. Assume riveted but wonder if any vertical shifting and noise?

OP
Wileycoyote

Wileycoyote

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry I had it covered, but yes it is riveted on. I have to push really hard on it to get the frame to twist at all. I don't know if noise or the frame shifting will become an issue but it is not right now. I remember a thread not to long ago about the composite frame being all shifted right out of the box. If its supposed to shift easy I guess I need to start hiking and get it broke in!