New 30-30 RifleScope

Jon9849

FNG
I am slowly getting rid of all my Firedot Leupolds and my 30-30 has my last one. After breaking 2 VX5HD 3-15x44 Firedots and a Mark 3HD 3-9x40 illuminated I am done with those. I want a new one with a 2-10x40 range and have settled on a Steiner Predator 4 2.5-10-42 SFP or a Trijicon Credo 2-10x36 FFP both illuminated. The Credos and tenmiles have been solid for me, knock on wood but I really want to try the Steiner due to it being SFP and supposedly better light gathering but don’t want to sacrifice reliability. I hunt in swamps here in central Ga and those creek banks occasionally cause me to fall hence the broken Leupolds. Both VX5HDs were loosing zero and wandering as well has having loose glue inside the glass. The Mark 3HD now has reticle shift and tracking issues. I try my best to be nice to my gear but accidents happen more often now that I’m swamp hunting almost exclusively. Priorities are 1. Reliability 2. Low Light 3. FOV 4. Price
I saw the evaluation of the Steiner TX5i and it wasn’t as reliable as I’d hoped, wondering if any of y’all have advice on the Predator 4?
Disclaimer, I haven’t ever posted on a forum before like this and I ramble a lot, just looking for first hand experience of the durability as I need it.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Welcome.
The Steiner Predator 4's are quality reliable well built dependable scopes. It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks