Neoair XLite Women's

WCT3

FNG
Have any of you ever used the Neoair XLite Women's sleeping pad? I've read on some of the ultralight forums about guys using these for a warm, very light pad. They're warmer than the standard XLite (R5.4 vs R4.2), same weight (12.5 oz), same width, and 6" shorter. I'm about 6'1" but I can sleep comfortably on my couch that's about 69" between the arm rests.

Seem like a good idea to anyone else or am I overthinking the weight savings for the added insulation?

FNG
That’s the pad I use for all of those reasons. I’m 6’-2” and it works just fine. It would be easy to find a more comfortable pad but this strikes a nice balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
WCT3

WCT3

FNG
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I just ordered one on sale, I should get to test it out soon.

My wife and I both have and use that same pad, for backpacking trips. The added insulation is worth it and its a very comfortable pad.

I use one. I’m 5’7 so it’s a good fit for me. It’s a warm pad for sure.
I’m 5’7 and was thinking of getting one too. Do you hang over the pad at all when you sleep? I usually crunch up a bit when I sleep and figured it wouldn’t be an issue.

PHo

WKR
I’m 5’7 and was thinking of getting one too. Do you hang over the pad at all when you sleep? I usually crunch up a bit when I sleep and figured it wouldn’t be an issue.
If I lay on my back with my legs together I barely fit on the pad. I’m a side sleeper though so I’m usually on my side and crunched up a tad and it’s been fine.

turley

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 5'5" and use a discontinued 66" Neoair xTherm which has a high r-value and weighs 14oz.
That said, I'm an ultralight backpacker and many years ago tried the whole torso pad, frameless pack under the legs, ect...and the minor weight savings wasn't worth it in terms of comfort.

OP
WCT3

WCT3

FNG
I'm 5'5" and use a discontinued 66" Neoair xTherm which has a high r-value and weighs 14oz.
That said, I'm an ultralight backpacker and many years ago tried the whole torso pad, frameless pack under the legs, ect...and the minor weight savings wasn't worth it in terms of comfort.
If you ever need a new pad the Women's XLite is 66", R5.4, and 12.5 oz. I've never tried a torso pad but I don't think I could sleep well on one.

turley

Lil-Rokslider
If you ever need a new pad the Women's XLite is 66", R5.4, and 12.5 oz.
My discontinued 66" Women's Neoair XTherm has a higher r-value than the Xlite and weighs only 1.5oz more so will continue to use it until it's no longer serviceable......then will more than likely go with the XLite and supplement it with a closed cell foam pad when needed to boost the r-value in colder/winter conditions.
Cheers

OP
WCT3

WCT3

FNG
My pad got here yesterday. So far it seems like it will work great. My feet hang off a little if my legs are straight but with my knees slightly bent I fit no problem. Can't wait to get out and actually sleep on it.

I do like the updated valves on the current thermarest pads. Still mostly use the OG xlite's but have a new xtherm for cold weather and the valve is a nice upgrade!