Nemo Tensor Insulated Sleeping Pad

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
I just pulled the trigger on a Nemo Tensor Insulated sleeping pad. I was in the market and the specs and reviews look good. I found it on Backcountry.com for $118.96, free shipping and no tax! For the price I had to give it a try. I will cut 1 lbs. 6 oz. from the current large pad, that I used on my last trip in 2015. I will give a short review once I receive it.

Here are the specs.

Nemo Tensor 25L Mummy Insulated SLeeping pad:

Minimum Weight 1 lb 2 oz / 510 g
Minimum Temp. Zone 15 to 25F / -9 to -4C
Shape Mummy
Width 25 in / 64 cm
Length 76 in / 193 cm
Thickness 3 in / 8 cm

Last edited:
Sorry, I will edit my post. I did get the long. Not that I needed the long, but they don't sell just a wide, its a wide/long.

It's the pad I use. Really happy with it, although the way the filler spout is attached has me concerned, although no problems so far. Probably 30 nights on it at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally getting around to writing up a short review of this pad.

Once again, here are the spec.

Nemo Tensor 25L Mummy Insulated SLeeping pad: $118

Minimum Weight 1 lb 2 oz / 510 g
Minimum Temp. Zone 15 to 25F / -9 to -4C
Shape Mummy
Width 25 in / 64 cm
Length 76 in / 193 cm
Thickness 3 in / 8 cm

The pad was not too bad to blow up. It was the same size as my last pad, but I am saving 1lb. 4oz. Which is huge! The pad is very comfortable and thicker then my last pad. The noise is not that bad. I don't think it is noisy as the xtherm. It does have a big valve for quick deflation. And packs up very easy and very small. I can't wait to try this out in Idaho this September. Then I will be able to see how the temperature rating is on this pad. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3464.jpg
    IMG_3464.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3410 2.jpg
    IMG_3410 2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3411.jpg
    IMG_3411.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 65
I got one last year and was happy with it. Coldest night was 20 and it did fine down to that temp. A good trade off on price, weight and insulation in my book.

I got one last year and was happy with it. Coldest night was 20 and it did fine down to that temp. A good trade off on price, weight and insulation in my book.

I agree, I tried talking my brother into one, but he was dead set on paying the extra $80 on a xtherm. It's his money I guess.

i was looking at upgrading my pad to the tensor as well, i saw on Nemos site they have a tensor field version which is made for hunting im not quite sure what the differences are but it looks like the bottom might be made of a more puncture resistant material.

i was looking at upgrading my pad to the tensor as well, i saw on Nemos site they have a tensor field version which is made for hunting im not quite sure what the differences are but it looks like the bottom might be made of a more puncture resistant material.

Just took a look at it. Does not come in a wide though. That stinks.

Last edited:
Ya, the "field model" is only 20 inches wide and appears to be an ounce heavier too.

You think it's better than the xtherm? Been eying both...

You think it's better than the xtherm? Been eying both...

Well, I am not sure it's better. It does compare awfully close. Damn near same specs. I would say you have to compare the money you are spending too. The xtherm might be a little more durable, but is probably louder to sleep on. The x therm is going to run you almost $80 more. So you have to factor in that too. I use a tent with a floor so I am not too worried about the durability, so I chose to have $80 more dollars in my pocket to spend on other gear.

Back