Nemo Hornet Elite Osmo 1P Tent Review

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
For the 2024 season I decided to change up my tent, I have been using a BA Fly Creek UL 2 for years and while it has been good, I wanted to see what else was out there. I settled on the Nemo Hornet Elite Osmo 1P. Free standing, under 2lbs and little more "robust" was my criteria and upon initial review, the Hornet Elite fits the bill.

IMG_7447.jpg

Going from a 2P to a 1P is going to be something I pay attention to. I will be using this tent in the early season (August/September) and maybe into October.

IMG_7449.jpg

I took it out of the box from Blackovis, went outside and set it up, took 2:59, nice and simple. I will keep this thread updated as I get some time in the mountains with it to see how it holds up.

IMG_7453.jpg

Wolf13

FNG
Nice! I have an older 2p hornet and love it. Don’t use it too often unless I’m being lazy as I prefer my bivy/tarp set up, but it’s awesome. Been through quite a few major wind events and storms while backpacking.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice! I have an older 2p hornet and love it. Don’t use it too often unless I’m being lazy as I prefer my bivy/tarp set up, but it’s awesome. Been through quite a few major wind events and storms while backpacking.
That's good to hear! Strong wind is what I am most curious about.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I like the look of this tent. I really appreciate a side entrance and a big vestibule.

I'm curious if you have plenty of room for your pack, rifle or bow, and boots in the vestibule.

Getting out this fall in the hornet? Also curious about this for spring bear next year, would love to know how it was fitting everything. Looks pretty bomber!

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Getting out this fall in the hornet? Also curious about this for spring bear next year, would love to know how it was fitting everything. Looks pretty bomber!
I have! No crazy weather to put it through but so far its an awesome tent. Its tight, but everything fits.

MOwhitetail

Lil-Rokslider
Following to see how it holds up in the rain. I’ve been looking at one of these myself but the 1200mm rating doesn’t give me a lot of confidence in rainstorms.